It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: D8 EM - Social Distancing
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:40 pm 

Doji Koushi smiled. "I heard you. I know what you have done through carelessness, and I curse the day when I put my faith in a Lion."

He announced in a clear voice.

"I am Doji Koushi of Kyuden Doji, the highest ranking member of the Crane clan remaining at this embassy. I assume the role of acting ambassador.

I have three orders for all samurai loyal to the Crane clan.

I hereby formally permit all Lion members to attend any court functions scheduled by the Crane clan in the Crane embassy for the remainder of the siege.

I hereby forbid the members of the Crane clan from holding a court function in this embassy for the remainder of the siege.

I hereby invest Daidoji Tetsuko with the powers of the Embassy, and resign my position. Honor her as you would Kakita Airi."

He then turned, and in the same voice addressed the crowd assembled.

I say to all of you assembled that these once-proud men and women decided to cynically fabricate a trap of honor which, because they assumed we held our honor cheaply, served to wipe out the leadership of the Crane clan here in the city. Crane who were their allies. For me, there is no path left that is not shameful. For them, their lack of sincerity damns them."

He takes his sword and slowly draws a line through the mons on his armor.

"I die shamed, honorless. I have outlived my lord and my ambassador. I have sworn to assist the clan that spits on the honor of my people. I have abnegated that oath, and I have struck down the unwitting instrument of a callous, cynical people. My honor is my shame. I am no Crane."

He settled into his stance.

"But I am a man, and I will never bow to the Lion again. Let there be enmity between us, Matsu."

Initiative roll=27

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

Last edited by Doji Koushi on Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:43 pm 

Kashiwagi produced his fan to shield his face.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:54 pm 

It happened so fast. She felt frozen in place as she watched it all unfold.

Doji-sama... she cursed herself for feeling like she could not step in. Not yet. Her inner turmoil was rather evident on her marred face, as she made no gesture to hide it.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:01 am 

Monkhbaatar took up his muddied kimono and put it back on.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:13 am 

"I am not one for political trickery, boastful words and dramatic overtures, but I know my duty to the Lion. One would think the Crane would learn the lesson over the centuries: don't slight the Lion and expect to get away with it."

She assumed a defensive position.

"I am in your way. I intend to apprehend you and hold accountable as the law dictates. Go and attack me like a rabid dog if this is what being a man means to you."

EM8. Initiative.: 5d10o10k3 24

[Defence, ATN 33]
[Striking as Fire]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:14 am 

Koushi spat in her face, drew his wakizashi, and cut out his own stomach.

Slowly.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:28 am 

Escalated very quickly indeed...

Ryuji watched, not once blinking an eye to what was happening. He popped his fan open to cover the lower portion of his face.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:29 am 

Kōgyoku didn't blink at being spat on. She just sheathed her katana and moved onward past him.

"Someone should take his head, as is compassionate. I don't think his wish is for that to be me."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:30 am 

"No, I think you have done enough to keep us safe," he said calmly and looked at the Crane still there to see if they would do the deed.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:32 am 

Monkhbaatar simply waited for Tetsuko to do the deed. She had her sword at hand and was closer. It was her place to do what must be done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:34 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
Kōgyoku didn't blink at being spat on. She just sheathed her katana and moved onward past him.

"Someone should take his head, as is compassionate. I don't think his wish is for that to be me."

"Matsu-sama," Ryuji said approaching her at a proper moment, "I will offer a testimony and full report."

Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:09 am 

Suzume Chihaya arrived too late.

Too late to change anything.

As she finally made her way through the crowd, she stopped, seeing the final moments of Koushi.

Coming to a stop by Asako Kashiwagi, she looked on with a carefully held On.

It was not easy to restrain herself, but she did.

In a low tone, she inquired, "What has come to pass, Asako-san?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:22 am 

"You know Crane and Lion were saying hello, people died, a rather hum drum day in the Empire. Besides the army of monsters," he said quietly.

"For now best to let it play out, there is nothing to be done."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:40 am 

"Of course. Perhaps you can tell me the full tale later - I would not wish to tell the tale incorrectly, when it is required of me."

She wondered how an Empire that had worked together so recently to defeat the Naga could so quickly fall upon itself.

Bloody Lion, all too keen for violence.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:08 am 

The new Crane Ambassador stepped forward and took Koushi's head. Flicking the blood from her blade once again she returned it to its saya.

Ignoring the Matsu for the moment she turned to face the growing audience. "As the new Crane ambassador my first act will be to record these events exactly as they occurred. Asako-sama, Otomo-sama, as may I ask you to join me inside the Crane embassy so that I may add your testimony to my own? You may wish to remove any hint of blue or white from your clothes before joining me."

She paused and looked at the Lion contingent. "I will then be delivering Kakita Airi's message, and our protest at her murder by Ikoma Hiroya, to the City Governor."

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:18 am 

Finally moving to Tetsuko after the beheading, he nods to the woman. "I will have Koushi-sama's body brought to rest with Airi's while we await a priest to see to them. And then I will post at the gate until the Lion lift the restrictions."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:03 am 

The Asako hero nodded at the request and then wrapped a blue scarf around his neck, to stay warm, a gift from a Crane at his wedding. He followed the new ambassador inside to do as requested.

How could he deny so earnest a request?

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am 

Otomo Ryuji wrote:
Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:

"Matsu-sama," Ryuji said approaching her at a proper moment, "I will offer a testimony and full report."

"Thank you, Otomo-san. Until more guards arrive, I'll be here. Since the Crane are withdrawing to their premises, I will not try to apprehend the other perpetrator of the killing until further orders from the governor are available. It may depend on whether credentials of Daidoji-san are recognised as her claim to authority has come in a legally questionable way."

Not being addressed directly, she continued speaking to the Otomo. "Since you're invited in there, Otomo-san, you may as well convey the message of caution to Daidoji-san about trying to trespass before the restrictions are officially lifted so that further bloodshed does not occur."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:36 am 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
Otomo Ryuji wrote:
Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:

"Thank you, Otomo-san. Until more guards arrive, I'll be here. Since the Crane are withdrawing to their premises, I will not try to apprehend the other perpetrator of the killing until further orders from the governor are available. It may depend on whether credentials of Daidoji-san are recognised as her claim to authority has come in a legally questionable way."

Not being addressed directly, she continued speaking to the Otomo. "Since you're invited in there, Otomo-san, you may as well convey the message of caution to Daidoji-san about trying to trespass before the restrictions are officially lifted so that further bloodshed does not occur."

“Very well, Matsu-sama.” Ryuji replied and bowed deeply to the magistrate. He then turned towards Tetsuko.

“Daidoji-san, if you would lead the way.”

Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:53 am 

Kōgyoku bowed and stepped back, finally reaching up to wipe the spit from her face. Her shoulders were heavy, but she couldn't let them slump. She recovered her sasumata and stood guard until more Lion would arrive, taking in the gory scene of corpses in blue and auburn lining the path.

Reminiscences came of the prior morning, small images the promise of which could help her go on. But the belief in Yukinaga's survival was fraying. And with it, a small hope that there might be something more to her life than what it had been so far. Alas, it was likely not meant to be in this world.

Perhaps it was for the better? Love is a failure of duty. It could have prevented her from doing what was the right thing to do, given the circumstances. Until now, she had been most useful to the Lion alive. But samurai's highest dedication is to die for their lord to remain untouched. Now...

She waited for the guards to arrive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next