It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:46 am

Post subject: Re: [D11 EA] Red Wedding: A Play in Four Acts
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:07 am 

"Well, I should be heading back to Yasuki lands, hai. Though I did not imagine I was going to rush things if the way back is unsafe still. Otherwise I would have tried to get out of Toshi no Omoidoso by boat. But I'm expected back by my lord. And I still have household things to take care of that I never finished in the autumn before I left, whether or not my husband is back by that time. What about you though?"

She tilted her head a bit curiously, "Back to Kaiu lands for you and Amaya-san, or does your duty send you elsewhere, apart from questions of what is happening with the spirit army?"

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:25 am 

"Amaya-san and I will be expected to report back. I don't know what our next duties will be. Likely back at the Wall." Maiya answers honestly, although some of her cheer faded. As she talked her expression became more severe and less expressive. "We've been gone a long time and anything could have happened during all this time. It's been something I won't forget, but our Duty is unlikely to change. We are still bushi after all."

Feeling some inner turmoil but doing her best not to show it she tried quickly changing the subject. "You mentioned your husband. Where has his duty taken him?" She asked very tight lipped and sombre.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 am 

"Crane lands. Mura Shibishii Toshi, to be more precise. The Yasuki and Daidoji always have plenty of important... things to talk about over the winter months, and he went there with his older brother, the one who actually is responsible for the brewery and its holdings right now."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:01 pm 

"I see..." Her voice was somewhat distant. Or maybe it was sullen?

Luckily, as she talked on, more of herself began to appear. "So, unless he is busy because of prolonged discussions, he should be heading back too? That's something." She smiled for just a moment. "We'll definitely get you back, but this siege could last for some time."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm 

"I believe we'll get through this, Ksiu-san. I trust your promise to protect me, after all. I... will do my best in turn, for what it is worth."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:45 am 

"Of course. You'll be in good hands Yasuki-sama." She reassured the courtier. "When we travel just keep your eyes peeled. Amaya-san and I aren't always the best lookouts."

With a shy scratch to her cheek she adds. "I may also be paying you more attention since you're, ano, such good company, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:48 am 

That got a smile from the courtier, "If you stare so much, I may just have to think of ways to make it more worthwhile you know..."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:15 am 

Maiya gulped and looked down straight at her own lap, her cheeks turning furiously red. Yukarin had scored a critical hit! She stayed like that for a good few moments until she could mumble a response.

"If Yasuki-sama wills it."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:22 am 

"I do," Yukarin said with a soft smile.

Slowly and gracefully, she stood back up, "Anyways, it was good to have someone cheering me on in the audience, metaphorically at the least. I am not sure I would have been able to put as much into my role without you. So I mainly wanted to say; Arigatou, Maiya-san."

She gave a standing bow to the Kaiu.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 am 

"Hai..."

She fiddled with her hair, keeping her gaze down. However, when Yukarin got up she looked up to see what was going on.

"Oh. You're welcome Yasuki-sama. It was my pleasure. I tried to not be too loud. Sorry for a couple cheers that slipped out."

Maiya returned the bow with another low one as she'd first given the courtier. She even placed her hands in front of her very respectfully.

"I hope to see you in another play one day Yasuki-sama."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 am 

"I hope you get the chance too! For now, I shall go thank the rest of the players for their support and work."

A smile, then Yukarin was off to behind the stage to thank the volunteers and change out of the costume.

/exit

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:54 am 

That was nice. You looked so good in that Yukarin-sama. I'll have to tell you later. Smiling cheerfully the Kaiu looked around a bit to see who else she knew. However, conversations were in full flow and everyone was in high spirits. She didn't want to force her way in. Besides, she had promised to defend the City so she owed a little time on the walls and speaking to the other defenders.

Gotta get my armour back on.

With a sigh she got up. The fun was sadly over.

/ Exit