It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 7, Late Afternoon] Insulted Pride
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:58 pm 

The magistrate nodded in assent to the governor's statement, then in agreement with Homura.

"I count on the honour of both to do the right thing within their Clan, so that they can continue doing their duty to the Empire once Crane pettiness is over."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:03 pm 

"But perhaps the two had no sway inside the embassy? After all, we only just arrived. I do see your point however. Exceptions make the lesson less teachable."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:25 pm 

"It will be done."

She exhales sharply.

"Surely there are better things to now discuss...?"

Run by GM "Truly Impressive" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:56 pm 

Erina nods and bows. "I have begun treating a lion that was found from a shady animal broker. Matsu-san is already involved in the investigation, but I am working on nursing the creature back to health. I doubt it will be of any use in the upcoming fighting, but she should be useful to increase our breeding stock for the next generations."

"As for the defense, I am hoping to raise a small ashigaru scout cavalry Governor-dono. I do not anticipate that it would draw upon any of your resources at all, and I intend to take on the task myself, though perhaps with help from Matsu Mogami-san, who has shown a knack for recruitment and instruction."

There was a chance that Torii would refuse to allow her to do so, but Erina was offering to drum up soldiers on her own.

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:00 am 

"If you are training new ashigaru and it does not get in the way of the city's defense, you are free to do so. However, when you leave, which is likely, do you expect to disband them?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:20 am 

Mogami gives a look to Erina for a moment, a side eye that basically says..."What did you just volunteer me for?" but does not say anything to the Matsu. Instead, she addresses Ikoma Torii.

"I am the daughter of Akodo Takarada, one of the Generals who was stationed at Morikage Toshi. I was trained in the Akodo War College, and have been put on a path, should our Lord see fit, to one day follow in his footsteps and take his place. I raised and trained an ashigaru archery unit in Toshi no Omoidoso in a day, and with the valiant efforts of the Mantis, Crane, and Lion defenders who stood on the portion of wall I was assigned to lead, we disrupted enough of the enemy line that our gate defenders could route the approaching vanguard in melee. I am not skilled in cavalry training, though I am well versed in the Strategy and Tactics one would need to use them effectively."

"If it is asked, I will assist wherever I am needed in training. Otherwise, my budoka and I are here at your disposal to fight wherever you deem necessary, and give counsel on battle plans should you request it, Ikoma-sama"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:21 am 

"I intend to pay and outfit them myself Ikoma-governor-dono." Erina replies. "I have some savings. In regards to the issue of paying them disbanding them upon by leav, I believe that I have a way to turn a lingering problem into an asset."

Erina gestures out of the window. "Outside the castle is a group of heimin who have needed to leave their fields in Toshi no Omoidoso. Right now, their homes are in the hands of the Steel Chrysanthemum, swarmed with vicious spirits. Even under the best of situations, they will likely lose valuable time in planting seasons. Right now, they and their families are utterly dependent on our food stores for survival. They have no place to go back to until Toshi no Omoidoso has been liberated. I had previously asked Governor Shimzu for permission to form a scout force, and had no objections if I could form a cavalry group in the future. They would continue to join me throughout the campaign, not until we leave the city. They have no place to return to, and no other way to feed themselves and it may be the only way to increase their status, so I do not forsee an issue with leaving before their time...and the likely casualty rates limits the potential for risk in peacetime."

"As for outfitting them, we have horses already conscripted in the evacuation. The group is intended only for scouting purposes, so minimal armor will be used and the peasantry can use their own weapons. Their purpose, at this point, is to provide reconnaissance and scouting to the enemy movements and act as an early warning system. It is, admittedly, making do with odds and ends on hand, but it manages to put them to work instead of being a cost of our supplies without benefit."

"For your consideration, Governor-dono"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:59 am 

"Well, it seems we have nothing to fear. A future general has arrived, we will soon be raising new forces, and the honor of the Lion is being defended." She does not look amused.

"The embassy will have guards tomorrow. I have business to attend to."

Without another glance, she takes her leave.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:14 am 

Mogami looks at those gathered.

"That went....well?"

The inflection on the words rises in tone, unsure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:23 am 

Erina shrugs a little. "It's not a no...so...yay?" She raises her hands in a questioning gesture.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 am 

Homura turned away from the others, pinching the bridge of her nose.

Kami help me...

"Well, let's see how tomorrow goes" she said quietly to herself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm 

Kōgyoku bowed to the governor, then looked at the rest of the Lion in the room.

"Let's be prepared to have our honour and resolve tested heavily in the coming days. But I believe that to defend the honour of the Lion is always the right course of action, no matter the difficulties or trials it connotes."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 pm 

"I suspect resolve will be tested more Matsu-sama" Homura turned back having rebuilt her On "we live in interesting times now."