It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:15 am

Post subject: Re: [D1 EM] Ch-ch-changes(, Book of)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 pm 

Well, that just led to more questions. Tetsuko started warming up again. "Oh. I see. Perhaps this will seem like a silly question...but where then do the Naga and Ratlings fit in?"

Trolls? Hmm.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:46 pm 

"The Five Races were... bonded together in some way. I don't know the details," she explained. "We and the Ratlings are separate from that."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 pm 

"I heard once, from a teacher called the Norikesh, a great tale about the early days of the Naga race," Myo-en says, slowly, as if thinking about each word before giving it form. "About the golden Naga called Svarbhanu and how his children warred, until the gods took pity on him and changed them so they wouldn't fight each other any longer. It was a very long story, but I don't remember anything about other kinds of beings in it... are the Five Races also part of your people's history?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:24 am 

"They were... nearby," she replied. "There were interactions now and again and I know of them. Our concerns didn't overlap too much, so they weren't much a part of our history."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 am 

"Hm. Human beings haven't always been interested in other kinds of peoples either, unless we had to. I wonder if that is a virtue or a vice?" Myo-en's calm, alert gaze passes slowly over the garden vista again. Though she doesn't seem uneasy or defensive, the monk certainly appears to be in the habit of staying aware of her surroundings.

"And we are changeable about it, sometimes. Like the rest of the nature of ningen-do." A dry smile touches the corners of her mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 am 

The Crane did not really know what to make of the stories of other races. She knew considerably more about the Clans and their shifting alliances.

"I agree, and would go so far as to say that is true of human beings and our own kinds of peoples, Togashi-san. There are periods where the Clans give little thought to those beyond their immediate neighbours. Perhaps that is universal?"

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 am 

She nodded a little bit. "You make a good point. It seems a commonality among the intelligent beings of Ningen-do. It may very well be universal. That... is something I need to give more thought to."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:28 am 

"It is, yes..." Myo-en also appears to be adding this to some mental list of themes to contemplate while sitting on rooftops and other such serene locales.

"But we are all neighbors now, and giving thought to one another. I wonder what fates brought each of us to this city, for example, and this garden, on this morning."

((Ah, I lost track of this thread! Apologies))