It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post subject: (D2, EE) A Good Soak
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:42 pm 

After helping out in the streets for a few hours, calming and helping out the crowd as she could, Poemu made her way to the onsen for a soak. The smell, rather than bothering her overly, reminded her of home. She slipped into the water with a happy sigh and leaned back against the walls of the basin, just enjoying the change from the cool air.

Post subject: Re: (D2, EE) A Good Soak
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:23 pm 

A hard day of herding crowds, controlling crowds, being stuck in crowds, carried away in one direction or another by crowds, and hopefully giving hope and inspiration of crowds could only naturally be followed by some nice, relaxing time at the local baths. On his arrival, the waft of sulfur only lightly hit and wrinkled Asakuro's nose - not the worst-smelling bath I've come across he thought - as he prepared with a brief rinse for his venture to the baths. As he approached, he noted another occupant already in the waters - must go in quickly he thought.

"Good evening, samurai-san," he offered warmly to the other occupant once he was next to the bath, giving a respectful bow before he slipped into the water without much of a splash on the opposite side - his haste in part to get out of the cold as fast as he could, but perhaps also likely in part to submerge the various colorful tattoos covering much of his torso as quickly as he could possibly muster.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm 

Going the same time she had went yesterday (and the day before that, and the day before that...), Yukarin came out of the changing room to wash herself down, thankful any stray snow was at least removed from the paths and stools. It was harsh enough rinsing off in cold weather without feet and tushes dealing with snow melting on them as one did so.

She heard talking from the baths behind her, paying attention since there was nothing else to do but not meaning to eavesdrop per say.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:15 pm 

A man and a woman both entered the bath after a while. Poemu gave seated bows to the one, then the other. The later seemed to give no greeting, she Poemu gave her attention to the man instead. "Samurai-san, konbon-wa. This one is Agasha Poemu of the Dragon. It is an honor to relax alongside two other samurai."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm 

"Kasuga Asakuro, of the Tortoise - an honor as well, Agasha-san, to meet a dear cousin, even a very distant one," he responded pleasantly, shifting slightly in his spot to make himself more comfortable. "A pleasant respite from the cold of the day. Having you been enjoying this onsen for many moons now, or are you among those spending first time in these springs?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:43 pm 

There was a moment where Poemu chewed her lower lip, knowing that there were quite a few in Agasha lands still quite livid with the Tortoise after what had happened at winter court, but Poemu gave herself a small nod. She wasn't here to stir up old wounds, but to heal them.

"An honor, Kasuga-san. This is my first visit here. I only arrived the day before, and used the baths in my quarters yesterday. The chill is a bit stronger today, so I thought the onsen worth a visit. I take it you have been here before then?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 pm 

It had been hard....truly making her way to the stinky onsen through the wave of humanity that lay sprawled throughout the city. All those souls in need with their hands out stretched. So bothersome to walk around.

Aya washed off, and slipped into the baths to see if the conversation was any good today.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:07 pm 

"No, I too am enjoying the springs in this fair city for the first time as I come here from the other court," he responded politely as he took a cupped hand and lightly drizzled hot water over one of his shoulders. "Were you part of the Dragon delegation? Court was quite busy and I had not much time to meet and converse with many before it became time to make our way here."

When the new arrival enters the baths, the Tortoise greeted her with a small bow of his head, in doing so causing a long strand of his wet hair to cling to his cheek; he brushed it aside and back behind him with a hand as he lifted his head back up.

Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:15 pm 

The new samurai-ko got the same seated bow as the first two entrants, but the other two women were still quiet, so she looked back to Asakuro, nodding. "Hai, I was a part of it. I am a senior ambassador to the Lion, so I had been assigned to Morikage Toshi even before winter court arrived, and it became all the more important one the Son of Heaven was in attendance."

She paused. "...That is likely why you might not have seen me of course. Most of my time was spent in the company of the Lion, and when not with them, with the Imperial delegation."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 pm 

Yukarin, done rinsing, slipped into the bath with Aya, "Good evening, minna-sama."

She bowed to those assembled before actually sinking into the water, not saying anything else since it still seemed the two before her were talking about the Imperial Winter Court, and that was too juicy to interrupt otherwise.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:31 pm 

She bowed to the others, but two seemed to be engaged in a conversation already, but that did leave someone sitting right next to her.

She set her sights on the Yasuki.

"Evenin'. How does the evening find you?" she asked. "Yogo Aya, by the by."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:34 pm 

"Yasuki Yukarin," the woman said with a warm smile and a bow of her head, "It finds me well enough, considering circumstances. A hot bath and pleasant conversation after a good meal... there is little more I could ask for at the moment. How has your day gone, Yogo-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:46 pm 

"Mmm, this one did not yet have chance to visit with his Imperial cousins before the journey here, Agasha-sama. Most unfortunate, as my dear wife had heard that one of her Otomo cousins was to be in attendance," he answered, correcting himself from earlier upon hearing of her ambassadorial status.

"My journey to court was quite unexpected - I was content to be spending the winter tending to the Imperial Menagerie, only to find invitations and travel papers suddenly waiting for me when one of my cousins in the delegation was recalled to attend to what I can only assume to be a most urgent matter. Because of the late journey, my fellow delegates attended to matters initially so that I might get other affairs in order." He offered a slight bow of the head to the Yasuki as she slipped into the water, this time doing a better job of keeping his long hair away from clinging to him.

Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"Mmm, this one did not yet have chance to visit with his Imperial cousins before the journey here, Agasha-sama. Most unfortunate, as my dear wife had heard that one of her Otomo cousins was to be in attendance," he answered, correcting himself from earlier upon hearing of her ambassadorial status.

"My journey to court was quite unexpected - I was content to be spending the winter tending to the Imperial Menagerie, only to find invitations and travel papers suddenly waiting for me when one of my cousins in the delegation was recalled to attend to what I can only assume to be a most urgent matter. Because of the late journey, my fellow delegates attended to matters initially so that I might get other affairs in order." He offered a slight bow of the head to the Yasuki as she slipped into the water, this time doing a better job of keeping his long hair away from clinging to him.

"Ah, well, when duty calls and all that. Still, I did not hear of any troubles from your delegation, so it seems things were handled well."

Poemu gave a soft sigh. "...I think far more found the journey away from court the unexpected one. Are all your family safe and accounted for Kasuga-san?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:20 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"Yasuki Yukarin," the woman said with a warm smile and a bow of her head, "It finds me well enough, considering circumstances. A hot bath and pleasant conversation after a good meal... there is little more I could ask for at the moment. How has your day gone, Yogo-sama?"

Aya let out a long exhaliation.

"Ah, you know how it is Yukarin-san. If Emma-O himself announced that the world was ending in an hour, you'd have some jackasses wanting to schedule a discussion on the topic. Not to actually discuss it, but to show how important they were." she said.

"Hopefully your own day has been better."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:20 am 

"A fair assessment, Agasha-sama," Asakuro noted regarding said journey. A few moments silently passed by before he spoke again.

"... still to be determined at this hour. Perhaps with Lady Sun's light on the morrow I might know further, though even then with the numbers in the city now it may take more time than that. I was most fortunate to find upon my arrival yesterday that another Tortoise cousin of mine has been in the city for some time now and as such I alone do not carry the Shell here." Another pause, but briefer.

"I pray to the Fortunes that your luck has been better than mine."

Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:53 am 

"I will pray for those unaccounted for Kasuga-san. I believe most of the Dragon delegation is accounted for, but... with everyone coming, it is hard to keep track. Certainly none of the Dragon present in Toshi no Omoidoso have noted missing comrades, but..."

She sighed leaning her head back. "Then again, I am just as worried for the other clans. I am not one to worry for the Dragon first. So many running..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:15 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya let out a long exhaliation.

"Ah, you know how it is Yukarin-san. If Emma-O himself announced that the world was ending in an hour, you'd have some jackasses wanting to schedule a discussion on the topic. Not to actually discuss it, but to show how important they were." she said.

"Hopefully your own day has been better."

"The discussions I've had have gone a bit more... pleasantly. Though I will admit, I did not precisely seek out any of the more heated discussions going on around the city, today. The Lion already have some plans for me, and I'm more than willing to help as needed."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:21 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"The discussions I've had have gone a bit more... pleasantly. Though I will admit, I did not precisely seek out any of the more heated discussions going on around the city, today. The Lion already have some plans for me, and I'm more than willing to help as needed."

Aya smiles a bit at that.

"The luck of the carp, ne? That's really good that they're willing to work with someone outside their command structure. How'd you manage to get that to happen? My cousin Norikun would dearly love to help with the defense efforts, but hasn't been able to come up with a way to do so."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:28 am 

"Well, I organized a meeting of the Crab in the city to see if there were any instructions for the situations, and let us just say the Lion decided to crash the party? I suppose I should be thankful for the opportunity to have the Lion have all of us together in one room to see if we could help in some way. Certainly a few Hida bushi can go a long way while defending a wall, neh?"