It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post subject: [Day One - Early Morning] Smells like...Enlightenment
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:31 am 

Since her arrival yesterday, she had heard word that there was a local natural onsen. While it wasn't a Dragon onsen, it was something that she could potentially latch on with familiarity. She was sure what to expect when her bare feet touched the onsen grounds, perhaps something overly polished with perhaps an abundance of conveniences. It was perhaps when the smell of sulphur that hit when it made her realize that this was closer to the experience at home than she thought.

It was something that built character, supposedly, according to her sensei. While it was something else to meditate under a waterfall, it was something to have your senses assaulted through your nostrils.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

Post subject: Re: [Day One - Early Morning] Smells like...Enlightenment
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:44 am 

The soft sound of water splashing would likely let the young woman know that she wasn't the only one that had decided to avail themselves of the waters of the Onsen this morning.

Osamu had risen with the dawn and made his way here to soak in the warm waters. They did after all seem to be rather empty this time of the day. Not that he minded, it meant there was more time to enjoy it.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 am 

With the news of the recent events circulating the city streets there was always a need for calm in the morning that was hard to find, for today. Though, perhaps, she thought the Onsen might offer her some of that chance to have clarity of thought.

"Samurai-sama," she staid, glancing between those present as she stood tall at the edge of the onsen. Having approached with a casual calmness about her. Tattoo's emblazoned what would have otherwise been bare skin but there was still so much room for more, at least in her eyes.

Some, just a couple, were more notable than others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am 

The tattooed woman recieved a polite nod as she came into sight, though Osamu didn't his gaze linger on the visible art. "Samurai-sama." He greeted the woman in return, his own tattoos visible on his right shoulder and bicep.

Rolling his shoulder he took a deep breath the scent of sulphur stinging his nose. It wasn't pleasant but he could cope. "A fine morning for a soak, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 am 

"Hai," she said with a quick and sure nod. Stepping down and slipping into the water she took a casual glance over Osamu's tattoo's, appraising them with an appreciation for the artistry.

"Might I ask who performed the work, Samurai-sama?" she said, indicating the tattoos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:05 pm 

Wasako perked up when she heard others enter the onsen grounds and figured it was a matter of time before others joined in, although there were probably more people spread out before her arrival. Given the situation, they were crammed into a town meant for fewer people.

She bowed politely in greeting to each samurai, who apparently had their share of body art. Wasako did not have such things, although such accessories weren't uncommon in her area to consider them unusual on others. "Ohayou gozaimasu, minasama."

Her eyes glanced about, wondering if you supposed to be formal even in the baths. Where she came from, everyone knew each other. "...This one is Mirumoto Wasako."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:58 pm 

Keeping an eye on her tattooed friend, hoping for that answer, she yet turned her attention to Wasako. Bowing her head in reply, "Greetings, Mirumoto Wasako-sama. I am Togashi Mai, an artisan of ink but one that would create such wonderful works as these," she paused to indicate her tattoo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:40 pm 

Wasako looked at the tattoos and nodded in appreciation at their design. "They are very nice, Togashi-san. I find myself wondering now, as a Togashi and an artisan, do you often practice your skills outside of the Order?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 pm 

"Osamu, of the Mantis." He replied with a dip of his head to the two women. "To answer your question though it was a cousin of mine, Reiko. We spent some time on the same vessel a few years back and I hot the work done then."

He fell silent after that waiting for the reply from Mai. He had to admit he was a bit curious himself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 pm 

Mai smiled at the answer from Osamu quick before focusing back toward Wasako, "I do, it is part of why I travel now in fact. I aim to use my time out here to hone my art even greater and to use the experience of seeing the Empire at large to nurture my skill."

"My hope, one day, is to be able to consider myself a master of the art. Though I am not near prepared to admit that yet I am beyond my days of instruction benefiting me further."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:37 pm 

"Have you just started on your journey now?" She asked curiously. As a Dragon who recently started her venture down the mountains, it was in her interest to get some insight how other Dragons fared. Given she was a Togashi, she should be more remote, although her skills would make her popular. "How have you found it so far? And have many asked for your skills?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:06 pm 

For the moment Osamu let the two ladies chat, though he was interested in the tattoo artist and perhaps getting some work done. This really wasn't the time to be asking about that sort of thing, or at least it didn't seem like it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:20 pm 

"I have had some luck finding those willing to let me etch my art onto their canvas," she said with a hint of a smile, "and I have not just started. I have been on my path for about a year or so and thus far it has treated me well."

"My goal, I hope, is to discover some heroes of the Empire who might allow me to etch their deeds onto them. However, as of yet none have the time to spare for such pursuits. Thus I spend my time exploring the Empire, soaking up the experience, and making use of those whom would allow me the grace of their time," she glances to Osamu, "such as those like Mantis-sama here."

Though she'd not spoken it too directly, she gave the hint of a nod which implied the offer ever more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 am 

"That's a lofty goal." Osamu mused from his place in the bath, lifting a hand up to run it through his hair. His lips curled into the ghost of a smile, though it did little to help, his eyes tended to make his smiles look a bit sinister.

"And though I'm no hero of the empire, as you thought I am intrested in getting some work done. Perhaps we could find some time for that?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 am 

"I could only imagine people would want a Togashi to ply their tattooing skills on them," she nodded soundly. Even to a Mirumoto, she could understand the novelty in that regard. Of course, she knew that the Togashi wouldn't bestow their scared powers onto someone else but she was sure that many outside of the Dragon Clan would think such a thing was possible. Hopefully, they didn't think that was the actual case. "What sort of tattoos do they typically ask for? ...If I may ask? Where have you been so far?"

"I haven't really considered dedicating time to Empire proper," she shook her head with a chuckle. "This is admittedly my first venture outside of the Dragon Clan and I'm sure my sensei is expecting me back soon after."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:00 am 

"Hai, a lofty goal but it is one that given the time and patience I believe I too will be able to match it and gain a mastery of my art in so doing," she said with a hint of a smile and a nod.

"I have spent some time in Crane lands, though admittedly perhaps nowhere worthy to note in particular, and I have met with some of the lesser artisans on the road. However, I found that it was best I focus my attentions elsewhere. For the tattoo's, those who have placed themselves under my needle usually will tell me their stories. Of either their lives of their greatest triumphs and oft trust in me that I will interpret their tales into a fitting image. Others make more direct requests, and some I even accept."

"They come from many walks of life, such as Mantis-sama here," she inclines her head in his direction, "and just as the others I would be glad to ink his skin at a time when is fitting for us both."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:23 am 

"It would be fascinating to see how you take their tales and interpret them into art," she nodded soundly at that. "I guess I'm interested to see your interpretation as I imagine sometimes it must be a challenge to see in the same way as your subjects!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 am 

"Should Mantis-sama be willing, perhaps he would be so kind as to both be willing to share a story and have a witness for when I put in the work for his tattoo?" she said with the hint of a smile.

"Of course, there are many factors of which go into the time such a tattoo would take and dependent on them you may not be able to present for the length of it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 am 

"I'm not shy if that's what you're asking." Osamu repleid with a shake of his head. "If Mirumoto-sama wishes to watch I wouldn't be acverse to it. Though now I have the feeling that any simple tatoo won't do, and it should be something with more meaning to it." People did get tattoo's for different reasons after all.

"I'll have to give some thought to it myself."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm 

"You needn't be pressured," she said, bringing a hand up and waving it down to cast away concern. "Just a suggestion, if you wish to just give me some practice with a simple request that would be quite alright."

A smirk, "But don't pass up the chance for something greater to spare effort."