It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:32 pm

Post subject: Matsu on Ikoma action? (D2 LM)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 am 

Homura honestly wasn't sure what to expect from this. She was a duelist, a pretty good one if she did say so herself, but still not a front line fighter. However, she made the offer and she would stick to it.

Plus, getting hot and sweaty with a Matsu was usually quite an enjoyable if slightly painful experience.

Homura had arrived first, testing a few of the bokkens until she found one that felt just right. After that, she began a few slow warmups to warm up her body and stretch her muscles, while she waited for the lovely Matsu Tani to arrive.

Post subject: Re: Matsu on Ikoma action? (D2 LM)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:32 am 

Iko hadn't found the opportunity to check out the dojo yesterday, but as she glided through the entryway, paying her respects to the spirit of the dojo first, she saw a familiar face from the recent Court.

Offering a bow to Homura, Iko rose slowly. "I had thought that our time at Morikage Toshi would be our only shared experience this Winter. It seems I was wrong Ikoma-san."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am 

Homura paused in her actions to give the Togashi woman a deep respectful bow.

"The Fortunes seem fit to keep us together for longer. Not that I mind at all" there was a smile at that "I always welcome the chance to spend more time with delightful company, and your name seems to be one many speak very highly about Togashi-sama, so it makes me more interested to spend time with yourself."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:43 am 

Iko chuckles. "The reputation attributed to me depends entirely on who you speak to." She admitted with a flick of her braided hair.

"I hope you have only heard my name spoken of positively. I would hate to have to remind people of their manners...again." The Dragon woman traced her fingers along the wrapping of her sword's hilt.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 am 

"You were spoken very highly of I assure you. Agasha Poemu-sama and Asako Kashiwagi-sama at least didn't say anything bad about you" Homura chuckled "although Asako-sama generally didn't stop talking, so I may have dozed off for parts of it, but it all seemed positive."

There was a pause, before she added "in fact much of the conversation was about a Kenku."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 am 

"Of course it was." Iko replied unsurprised, with a resigned tone in her voice. "I'm half inclined to believe that that story from the war is the only reason I was sent to that thrice damned Court."

Letting out a sigh she forced a more pleasant look to her face and adopted a more positive tone of voice. "I trust your blade didn't need to see too much use...until the unpleasantness at least?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:06 pm 

Tani made her way into the dojo, admonishing herself quietly for delays she caused herself. Seeing today's sparring partner currently occupied with Iko, she took just a bit of time to make sure that proper respects were seen to, then searched for a bokken with a weight and balance she cared for. Homura might have noticed that she selected one of the heavier ones... one that was likely to make quite a thud on contact.

Still, it selected, she approached the two and bowed politely. "Miina-sans. I hope I am not interrupting?"

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:23 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Of course it was." Iko replied unsurprised, with a resigned tone in her voice. "I'm half inclined to believe that that story from the war is the only reason I was sent to that thrice damned Court."

Letting out a sigh she forced a more pleasant look to her face and adopted a more positive tone of voice. "I trust your blade didn't need to see too much use...until the unpleasantness at least?"

"You make it sound like a bad thing, yet it sounds like quite a prestigious honour" Homura shook her head "still, I won't bring it up again. I just found it curious, with the story about the garden" Homura bowed to the woman in apology "and except for one incident with a Phoenix, my winter had been quite quiet before the unfortunate incident. I witnessed that first hand as well."

Homura paused as her kin arrived, giving Tani a deep bow.

"Matsu-sama, it is good to see you. I hope you are well? You are not interrupting, we were just discussing Winter Court. Do you know Togashi Iko-sama?""

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:32 pm 

"Indeed I do," she nodded as she rose. "Togashi-sama and I were both soldiers during the War of Broken Fangs. We had a chance to speak about that a bit yesterday, in fact."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 pm 

Putting his foul mood aside...mostly...Norikami was uncharacteristically optimistic when he entered the dojo. Lions were about their drills in their proper place, but two seemed to have wandered off to spar more privately...with a Dragon? He gave her a second glance, no it wasn't who he thought, it was the woman from the garden he saw playing Kenku Hero with those weird kids...er...samurai. He didn't pay it further mind as he bowed to the dojo after removing his sandals.

Then he snatched a bokken, bowed to the ladies and went right to work.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:22 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Still, it selected, she approached the two and bowed politely. "Miina-sans. I hope I am not interrupting?"

"Not at all Matsu-san," Iko replied before noticing the two Lion both handling bokken.

"If anyone is interruptibg, it seems to be I."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 pm 

"Please, Togashi-sama, your presence would never be considered interruption." She nodded gently, though no smile graced her face. "Ikoma-san and I were simply planning to spar today."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:25 pm 

"Not interrupting Mirumoto-sama, just helping me prepare" Homura smiled at the woman, before turning to Tani.

"Shall we, Matsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:26 pm 

Tani nodded, moving to a place across from Homura, a few steps from sword distance away. She bowed. "Yes. Let us not delay."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 pm 

Iko backed away, to give the women room to have at each other. Observing keenly all the while for she knew many duelists who couldn't handle themselves in real combat and she knew of Tani's skills.

This would be fun.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 pm 

Homura smiled, looking at the people gathered; Iko, a Scorpion of unknown origins and Tani.

What better way to display the skills of the Lion?

(ooc - LS1 activated targeting Iko/Norikami/Tani)

"First to three hits Matsu-sama?" Homura asked, slotting her bokken into place ready to draw.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm 

Tani, by contrast, was holding her bokken out, ready to receive Homura when she came. "That is fine by me, Ikoma-san." Her muscles tensed, ready to come after Homura.

initiative 25
ATN: 20
Stance: attack

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 pm 

There was a nod, and Homura took her stance.

Init: 23
ATN: 25
Stance: Attack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:46 pm 

Tani pushed forward and took a swing, aiming a hard swoosh onto Homura's right shoulder. She overextended just a bit, allowing a difficult parry.

28 against 25 w/1 raise called, miss
Init: 25
ATN: 20
Stance: attack

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm 

Homura was slightly slower in reaction than Tani, which surprised her, and she was very quickly on the back foot. Thankfully her reaction speeds were quicker, and as Tani dashed past her just missing a strike Homura was exactly on point, catching the Matsu woman on the ribs before moving away, ready to strike once more. A grin on her face.

The fiery nature of the Matsu is delightful

Attack: 20 - hit
Damage - 6

Init: 23
ATN: 25
Stance: Attack