It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Post subject: [D2 - LM] Tranquility and Shiny Things! (Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm 

It is a cold morning. Nagiko was certainly not accustomed to such climate.

'' Cold...'' She said to herself as she walks around the castle inner halls. Passing by several rooms until she arrives at the inner courtyard and garden, which was full of snow, though it still has some appeal to her eyes.

She was carrying her wicker umbrella, her daisho on her obi, alongside her fan.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Post subject: Re: [D2 - LM] Tranquility and Shiny Things! (Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:02 pm 

Yukarin, on the other hand, was pretty used to weather like this. Her umbrella kept the snow out of her hair as she left the castle's libraries to head elsewhere; Her studies had been interesting, though not as fruitful as she'd hoped.

Lost in thought on the subject of history, she walked around a hedge and ran into another samurai, the snow falling and the shrubbery around muffling the sounds of another person having been there. She gave a jump back in surprise, dropping her umbrella.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 pm 

'' Ah, gomen'' Nagiko also was a bit startled, but a lifetime having a spirit cat following her around somewhat prepared her for such unexpected events. '' I did not noticed you, etoo, samurai-sama...'' Nagiko said to the samurai...

Was it a samurai though?

Nagiko observed the girl. She was certainly not wearing clothes and trinkets as a rokugani would do, that was strange. The thing that impressed her the most was the jewelry that she was wearing. A Doji courtier would be horrified by this blatant display of wealth, while a Bayushi would eat her alive spreading rumours like there's no tomorrow.

'' Anoo, are you a Unicorn, Samurai-sama?'' Nagiko asked politely. She had heard about the return of the Unicorn or Ki-rin clan from beyond and the rumours surrounding their gaijin ways.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:58 pm 

Heart calming slowly, Yukarin actually bowed first before picking up her umbrella, "A-Ah... apologies. And I was a Unicorn at one time, but you may call me Yasuki Yukarin. I was just coming from the castle libraries and was lost in thought. Gomen."

Even after the umbrella was picked up the young woman bowed a few more times for good measure, golden magatama necklace swaying lightly under her.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:06 pm 

A servant approaches the two women with a small wrapped package in his hands. He waits patiently to be acknowledged by either.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Heart calming slowly, Yukarin actually bowed first before picking up her umbrella, "A-Ah... apologies. And I was a Unicorn at one time, but you may call me Yasuki Yukarin. I was just coming from the castle libraries and was lost in thought. Gomen."

'' There's nothing to apologize, Yasuki Yukarin-san. We were both distracted.'' The Pink Mantis said to her. '' This one name is Nagiko, from the Isles of Spice and Silk far beyond in the domains of Suitengu-no-kami. It is a pleasure to met you'' Nagiko bowed to her as she also presented herself.

'' I must say, this is the first time that i met a Unicorn, or rather a former Unicorn, Yasuki-san. How have the Empire and your new clan have treated you, Yasuki Yukarin-san?'' She asked politely.

Mindshred wrote:
A servant approaches the two women with a small wrapped package in his hands. He waits patiently to be acknowledged by either.

Nagiko turns around and acknowledges the heimin. '' Is there something we can help you with?'' She asked.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 am 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko turns around and acknowledges the heimin. '' Is there something we can help you with?'' She asked.

"A delivery, Mantis-sama." The servant bows and offers her the package.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:37 am 

'' Oh, arigato. Thanks for your service, servant-kun*'' The young mantis said to him and accepted the delivery the servant was carrying.

Nagiko unwrapped the package to discover what is this all about...

[OOC]

*using -kun as a respectful way to treat someone of the lower class. Not in a way of familiarity with such servant.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 am 

If the package was for the woman, Yukarin didn... oh who was she kidding? Of course she wanted to pry!

Standing on tiptoes, she peered, "What is it, what is it?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:26 pm 

It was a letter and a bottle of something. Nagiko shows the bottle to the Crab-Unicorn, ignoring her lack of rokugani etiquette. She actually smiled.

'' It is a bottle of perfume i think?'' She smelled it it was a faint, almost like a passing memory smell. '' What do you think, Yasuki-san?'' She offered the bottle to the Yasuki so she can smell it as well.

As for the letter, Nagiko reads it, with an unreadable face, her On was perfect. After finishing it, she wrapped the letter and put it inside her kimono, for safe keeping.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:52 am 

Despite any lack of decorum, Yukarin most certainly does not read the letter. She is more than happy to take the bottle and give it a little curious sniff though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:10 am 

The servant lingers for a moment, then bows and departs, leaving the women to their conversation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:38 pm 

It was a rather subtle smell, not strong. Quite neutral in some regards.

'' Interesting gift. '' She said with her On perfect '' Speaking of perfumes i have heard that your former clan, had brought strange and exotic ones from beyond the Mountains to the West. Is that right, Yasuki-san?'' She asked

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:12 pm 

Handing the bottle back, Yukarin looked at Nagiko curiously, "I mean, I am not sure if I would say strange, though I certainly don't know everything that we brought back. I would certainly qualify some as exotic though. That wasn't the sort of thing we carried a lot of while traveling though, and it got traded less once we arrived back, since people were wary of such things and the Ynicorn loathe to part with what little we had regardless since it is virtually irreplaceable."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:18 pm 

'' Well, perhaps your former clan is not that different from ours...'' Nagiko thought as she kind of made the comparison between the Mantis and the Unicorn. '' We also have products that we trade that could be considered rare or exotic, spices for the most part.'' She nods.

'' Did you know that my clan traces its roots back to your new clan, Yasuki-san?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:55 pm 

"I do recall the connection between the Mantis and Crab; The Fortune of Fire and Thunder certainly is quite revered, from what I've seen. As far as the Mantis and Unicorn though... I guess I've not thought about it that way. I suppose your Clan is quite new to me, not something that was talked about in my lessons certainly."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:16 am 

Nagiko nods.

'' My clan claims its ancestry from Kaimetsu-Uo-shiryo, first son of Osano-Wo-no-kami.'' Nakigo explained. '' We are brothers of blood with the estemeed Crab clan, even though we are a rather small clan. Perhaps that is the reason why you were not taught much about us.'' She shrugs.

'' We also live far beyond the seas, so, there is that as well. Although we do trade and exchange goods through our mighty fleet.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:11 pm 

"Ahhhh..." Yukarin said, nodding slowly.

"...you'll have to pardon, this is all stuff I've either not learned or learned recently. It wasn't something that had happened when my old Clan had left the Empire, and it wasn't one of the priorities of explanation when we came back; The Unicorn have never had much to do with the sea, nor the southeast part of Rokugan, so your Clan's history and purpose might not have even come up once we returned."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 pm 

Nagiko nods.

'' Indeed, from what i know, it happened some time after your departure since Osano-wo-no-kami was the second son of Hida-no-kami.'' Nagiko said. '' My clan dominates the domains of Suitengu-no-kami. That is our purpose, given by the Son of Heavens long time ago...'' She adds, not remembering which of the Hantei's gave Gusai the right of minor clanship.

'' What about you, Yasuki-san? I imagine that you have travelled through strange and exotic lands, right?'' She asked.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 pm 

"Strange enough, I suppose. Though I've found things more strange and exotic since we got back, neh? Especially my time traveling through Crane lands; To think land can be so full of people, and so tamed. It's quite amazing and exotic to me indeed."