It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:38 am

Post subject: D3 LE - Governor's Address (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:29 pm 

Shimizu Kendo had seen much of what had befallen the city, and he had an announcement to make. Any who wanted could appear in court to hear him.

"It is with great satisfaction that I say, with the help of all those here today, we have struck a great blow for the Empire. The forces that marches on this city this day have been defeated.

"It took the strength of many arms to pull victory against these forces. I would like to recognize a few that had a particular impact on this day.

"First, on the walls, our archers were able to thin the attacking forces significantly before they got to our walls. The city would not be standing without their efforts. Daidoji Tetsuko, your arrows struck true and fell many samurai before they could harass our forces. Ikoma Homura, you bring great honor on the Lion by felling 5 samurai before they could get to our walls. Moto Bataar, your clan has only recently returned to the Empire, and if your actions were any guide, we will be all the mightier for it. Osamu, your spells wrecked havoc across their forces while aiding our own, showing the might of the Mantis. And finally, Matsu Mogami, your determination to do your duty showed through as you and your trained budoka killed samurai and ashigaru alike, dropping them like flies. You give should be very proud."

He stands for a time, letting his words sink in.

"Of course, arrows were not alone enough to stop that which came to us. There were those that needed to stand before the charge of the remaining forces and halt them in their tracks. It was a mission that took courage, and the samurai here rose to their duty without fear. Matsu Kōgyoku, Suzume Chihaya, Kayou, and Akodo Touki... thank you for risking your lives for us. Suzume Chihaya and Matsu Kōgyoku showed particular skill in defending this great city. Suzume Chihaya, you are a great example of the might of the Sparrow Clan."

He waits a time again, making sure all present know the deeds of those who did so much.

"Unfortunately, the heroic deeds of those who fought today were but the beginning of the battles to come. We cannot stand against these forces in our current condition. As such, I am ordering an immediate evacuation of all non-residents of this city, and for all those who are residents and are not capable of combat. If you are not from this city and prepared to stand on the walls and in the streets and shed blood for this city, you are hereby ordered to leave for Nikesake."

He takes a deep breath.

"I do not make this decision easily. I have consulted the omens and portents with the help of skilled samurai, and I believe this is the only reasonable path forward. The city does not have the stores to support this many people, and the blow we struck the army today will ensure that they have to spend too many resources to capture this city... unless we have to continue to support everyone in it. Therefore, for the good of the Empire, you must depart.

"Know this, though. Our Empire is safer because of the actions of Togashi Myo-en, Ikoma Toshiko, Togashi Iko, and Isawa Hachi. They went into the mountains to destroy the paths the army could take to strike at the heart of our Empire, the capital. It is because of them that the armies of Toshigoku must go around, buying us precious time to prepare. It is a mighty blow to our city in the future, but it will stand and we will rise again."

He looks down. "It is with humility that I say that the Lion could not have done this alone this day, and we thank our brothers and sisters from the other Clans and the Brotherhood. The residents and refugees in Toshi no Omoidoso thank you. I wish I could do more to honor what you've done for us, but duty demands another course. May we meet again one day, and safe journey to Nikesake."

With that, he sits, heart heavy.

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

Post subject: Re: D3 LE - Governor's Address (Open)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:36 pm 

Mogami bows at the recongnition, and her budoka follow suit. She looks as best she can to each person named as the governor speaks of them, and gifted them a nodding bow as well. Once the speech had finished, Mogami approaches the governor and gives a low bow.

“Shimizu-sama, if I may? I have a request”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Last edited by Matsu Mogami on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 pm 

When things have settled down, he calls Mogami forward.

"Speak your request."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:47 pm 

“I would like permission to travel with those moving on. I believe they would benefit greatly from having one with skills such as mine to help move them along.”

“However, if my lord deems me too vital to the defense of our city, I will do my duty and stay at my appointed station.”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 pm 

"No, they will need one with your skills with the bow to help keep them safe. And you have done enough for us this day."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:54 pm 

She bows in thanks

"I shall return to my home here when my duty to protect them ends, Shimizu-sam. Thank you. Heavens watch over you and the defenders staying here. "

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:54 pm 

The governor gives Mogami an actual bow, though not very deep.

"May you live up to your expectations of yourself."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 pm 

Mogami steps away and back into the crowd, looking for any familiar faces to converse with. ((PM if approached))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:24 pm 

Night Court! How novel. Aya walked past the big bald Lion guard, and listened as the governor recited both the heroics of the day and the conclusion he had reached.

Huh. Evacuation. Damn, he's pretty sensible for a Lion. Must've married in. she mused to herself.

There was a small twinge of envy in Aya. There were a lot of people who would live much longer lives thanks to her sending various monsters back to jigoku, but she'd never be recognized for it. Not that she really cared, but if she was going to have to risk her neck for these idiots, she would've liked something for her pains.

She watched Shimzu Kendo praise someone for their skill with the bow.

Maybe they were being ironic when they chose their name.

She was not a familiar face to Mogami, but the idea of talking to them amused her.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 pm 

Seitouna sits in the back, ditty bag at the ready, and makes notes:
Quote:
I had the pleasure of meeting Matsu Mogami in Shiro no Shisen before the announcement by Shimizu Kendo that the city would be evacuated fully. She struck me as an honorable woman and open to ideas, which is too rare a combination of qualities. And she showed her quality in volunteering to defend the city to the last; I was glad to see her assigned to aid the evacuation after seeing the work she had done to prepare for it.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:45 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami steps away and back into the crowd, looking for any familiar faces to converse with. ((PM if approached))

She ended in fact passing by a Yogo she didn't know.

"Pretty nice, Mogami-san, being praised by Lord Kendo for your skill with the bow." she offered, still amused for some reason.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 pm 

Mogami gives a bow, and her two budoka follow suit lower.

"Thank you, Scorpion-san. Though I do not seek praise, I simply seek to do my Duty as to protect those of the Empire."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami gives a bow, and her two budoka follow suit lower.

"Thank you, Scorpion-san. Though I do not seek praise, I simply seek to do my Duty as to protect those of the Empire."

Aya smiles a bit and returns the bow.

"Yogo Aya." she offers to no longer be Scorpion-san.

"You would be a poor excuse of a samurai if you sought fame, Mogami-san. But it has a way of finding those who are worthy of it. I'm sure you would be quite content if we evacuated to Nikesake and there was no further conflict until summer, but that seems unlikely to be the case."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:58 pm 

"Indeed. My hope is that Nikesake has received word and can begin preparations for war much more in advance than we had opportunity to here. With the southern pass collapsed, that is simply the only route the Steel Chrysanthemum has available to him if he wishes to march on the Capitol as I suspect. His force is much to large for a naval approach."

"A pleasure to meet another of your clan. Is Shoshuro-dono doing well?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:13 pm 

Aya nodded.

"As far as I know her mind, yes. She is a resourceful woman, I've no doubt with the excellent care the Lion having shown to their unexpected guests, she shall continue to do so."

Aya nodded.

"From what I heard, the enemy force seems.....ill-suited to launch a naval operation, even if they had the resources to do so." she says, referring to the rage zombies they seemed to be under assault by.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:17 pm 

"I imagine the boats would be torn apart before they could get halfway out of port. They are filled with such rage and bloodlust. How the Steel Chrysanthemum can control them is beyond me. They are monsters each and every one, and deserve to be put down."

Mogami tilts her head in a curious look at Aya

"You show signs of recent injury. Were you part of the defense force today?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:26 pm 

Aya smiled, and what looked like a weird strangulation bruise.

"Not publicly, otherwise I'm sure the governor would have mentioned it. But one of the scout patrols found signs of something nasty beyond the walls. A small number of us, with the blessing of the Lion, went looking for it."

She chuckled a bit.

"Good thing too. The evacuation is likely to be hard enough this time of year without something hunting the people evacuating, ne?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 pm 

"Something other than the army that will be giving chase? What sort of thing would cause such concern?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:04 am 

Moto Baatar grinned and pointed at himself proudly when the Governor said his name. "That's me!"

The feeling of being praised in court was new and heady to the young Unicorn, and he basked in it for as long as he could.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 am 

Kōgyoku had been there, listening, but also waiting for her turn to address the Governor.