It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:52 pm

Post subject: [D1 - EN] Catnip and the Zoomies (Closed, Nagiko's Room)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 am 

After a long day, Nagiko finally arrives to her room. It was enough for her, provably smaller than the rooms of other guest, but she didn't care. She was a mantis, and although she didn't pursue the love of sailing of her clan, she did have experience, like all mantis do, with small rooms and crowded small places.

In any case, this was the time for her to do what she often does at night, have fun.

She left her daisho on her side, as she sat in seiza, closing her eyes. Reaching deep into the void and beyond her physical reality...

[OOC-Rolls]

Fluff Meditation/Void; Recovering one point - 18|Failed [TN20]

Activating Medium advantage to reach into Sakkaku if possible

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Post subject: Re: [D1 - EN] Catnip and the Zoomies (Closed, Nagiko's Room)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:55 am 

Without opening her eyes, Nagiko can see.

Around her is a land where the leaves of trees make up the ground as their roots stretch into the sky. Overhead a greenish moon quickly moved through phases, casting strange shadows on the ground.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:56 am 

Near the edge of a tree playing with something is Asahime, though much larger than she appears in Ningen-do.

Run by GM "Meow" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:12 am 

Nagiko's own astral projection was different from her usual ningen shape, taking the form of an actual bakeneko. This served two purposes, one to protect herself as the spirits will not discover that she is an actual real human, and two, because it is fun to have cat ears.

She approached towards the giant Neko. '' Hime-chan '' She said affectionately to her ancestor, while at the same time bowing very deeply as a sign of respect to the ancient spirit.

'' Have you found something interesting'' Nagiko wonders what she was playing with.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:29 am 

Asahime looks up as Nagiko gets closer. The giant cat is playing with what looks like a bloody wrap... like the ones Nagiko had seen Asako Ren using earlier.

"Nagiko-chan! What a pleasure to have you here. Tell me, did anything," the bakeneko's eyes glitter, "exciting happen today?" The cat licks its large, sharp teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 am 

Nagiko smiles at the giant spirit. She seems to not bother with the sight of Asahime playing with a bloody wrap. Over the years she has come to scratch the surface of what spirits consider appropiate or not. And although ningen would find the sight of blood as something dirty and blasphemous, those taboos do not apply to spirits.

'' ~Well, where to start~...'' She approached and sat near the giant spirit, almost curling around her as a kitten would do with her cat mother, she started to purr as well. '' ~I met so many interesting people today~''

'' Have you heard about Asako Kashiwagi? I saw him naked...'' She giggled. '' ~Very interesting sight~'' there was some lust behind her words. The projection and her connection to Sakkaku made her attune more deeply to her feral and playful instincts. '' ~I wonder if i could meet him more in private, meow~...'' She started to lick the fur of Asahime, as if she was cleaning it.

'' ~Such a shame she didn't come with Asako Chidori, it would had been quite interesting to meet his wife as well~...'' There was some frustation behind her words.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:59 am 

Asahime grins. "You have prey?" The cat's looong tail twitches. "Remember that pouncing is only fun if it runs first."

The bakeneko's eyes narrow into slits. "I saw a creature today that I will make my own prey, kitten." A soft purr escapes from within. "It looked so fun. It thinks itself crafty. I will hunt it like a mouse. It wears a mask but cannot hide from me."

The tail twitches again violently. "Tomorrow, you will hunt and so will I, kitten."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 am 

'' ~This one probably will run a lot, he seems very unreachable, but i will see what i can do~'' She continues to purr and lick Asahime's fur.

Then she became interested in what the Neko had for a prey. '' ~Eh? A prey with a mask? i too met one like that today. Don't know what it is behind its cover but maybe i will found out.~'' She said.

'' ~Yours, Hime-chan. How it looks like?~'' She asked with curiosity.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:15 am 

Something like a guttural, purring laugh escapes the bakeneko. Something that seems truly otherworldly... and were you not in another world you are quite sure you would find it unnerving.

"My prey hides itself. Like a frightened little mouse. Layers of clothes and many masks and changing its mannerisms... but I see it."

There is a sound in the distance that might be a scream or a peal of laughter. Asahime's head moves with unnerving speed in the direction of the sound and her tail moves rapidly.

"Maybe its that my prey plays games that saw draws me to it... does your play games? Will it be the mouse?" The bakeneko blinks slowly and fixes its eyes on Nagiko. "Or perhaps you would like to be his mouse?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 am 

Nagiko also heard the scream/laughter. Indeed, if she would not be in a spiritual form, her ningen soul would had became shaken by the sound from afar and from Asahime's purr-laugh. But her soul projection protected her for such mortal disturbances, for the most part.

''~hmmm i don't know yet. A prey can become the hunter in some situations, or i'm wrong? meow~'' She replied to her. '' A mouse cannot become a cat, but unlike a mouse, a cat can lure its prey into a false sense of security, turning the outcome into its favour~''

'' ~Then a cat must strike~'' She adds as she moved in all fours as simulating a cat pouncing its prey.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 am 

Asahime grins a toothy grin.

"Good. Tomorrow you should strike."

[GM Note: This is the sort of thing that can displease your ancestor if you don't, but what "striking" means is open for interpretation.]

Asahime bounds up the nearby tree and lounges in its upper roots, long tail dangling down.

"It has been long since one of our line has been blessed like you. Do not spoil it by..." there is a hacking sound like a cat about to cough up a hairball before Asahime continues "being courteous and compassionate. What foolish ideas humans have."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 am 

''~All as you wish, wise Asahime~'' She replied with a bow, and a much more formal speech. ''~ I will see what trap i can use to lure the prey~'' Nagiko adds.

''~Lies, all lies. There is no compassion and courtship behind the ningen's On. An act to hide the truth of their inner weaknesses~'' She said trying to explain the ningen's perspective to the spirit of Sakkaku.

'' ~Weak, yes. But alluring nonetheless~'' The piece of Sakkaku attached to her soul flared as she said those words. Words that, in fact, were the reason of Sakkaku's closeness to Ningen-do. The lure to almost infinite fun that mortals cause.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 am 

Asahime rolls out of the tree and lands effortlessly on its large paws.

"Their ways are foolish, but so is the mouse. I'd prefer they not change." Asahime slowly circles around you, pressing against you as if marking her territory.

"What would you like to do tonight, kitten?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:19 am 

Nagiko also starts rubbing herself on Asahime, less out of marking territory but more of pure pleasure that comes from doing it with the sustitute sakkaku mother figure.

''~Hmmm, i don't know~'' She said as she purrs. '' ~What interesting things could we found around here in Sakkaku?~'' She asked out of curiousity.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:30 am 

"Trying to trick kappa into spilling their water is always a delight." Asahime looks at Nagiko slowly. "But I'm not sure you could manage it. You haven't spent much time in Sakkaku."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:40 am 

''~Well, there must be a first time in order to gain experience, or not, Hime-chan?~'' She said to the Bakeneko.

''~I don't know much about the kappa, but i have heard stories from the ningen~'' Nagiko vaguely remembers some folk stories about them. Whether they are true or false she doesn't know.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 am 

"They live in water and keep water on their heads. What more must one know?"

Asahime takes off at a run through the strange forest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 pm 

That was indeed the truth, what more one should know about them?

Nagiko stands in all fours and tries to follow Hime-chan into the forest. She had never seen a kappa before so, her inner Sakkaku soul was excited to see what these creatures do.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:05 pm 

As they run through the forest, there are many sights to behold... but as Nagiko continues on, she finds that some of them seem lost to memory like a dream shortly after waking.

After a time, they come to a body of water floating in the sky, dark as night. It sounds as if there are waves lapping at the shore, though there is no visible land around it.

From a few points in the sky-lake, waterfalls tumble down to the ground, forming rivers that eventually travel to... waterrises? Waterfalls that are not falling, but instead rising back up to the skylake in some strange watery loop.

In the distance, you can hear the sound of splashing and the muffled sound of voices.

Asahime crouches low and begins to sneak forward, hiding in tall grass that Nagiko hadn't realized was even there until Asahime crouched down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:47 pm 

Indeed, it was just like a dream. A very bizarre one. Waterfalls that fall up, rivers that loop around. If not for her spiritual form, her mind would had been affected by the breaking of the laws of Ningen-do.

Nagiko tries to imitate Asahime's pose among the tall grasses, croaching down in all fours. A kitten trying to learn from her mother. Moving, or whatever is the equivalent of moving in such spiritual realm.

Maybe the very concept of moving doesn't even apply here...

In any case she tries to do what Asahime is doing, but always keeping her beside the wise ancient Spirit.

Profile|Theme 2!