It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Flight Of Dragons (D1, LE. Dragon Only)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:47 pm 

Iko's memory fails her and she just stares at it for a few more moments before looking to all the assembled ladies.

"So.….what are we supposed to do with it?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:04 pm 

Myo-en shifts closer to get a better view of the box's contents, lips parting a little as her dark eyes inspect the object intently. On her shoulder, the crow leans in too, bobbing its head in interest at the lovely shiny object.

At first glance, it looks like... some sort of jade gauntlet? But it's difficult to tell without touching it whether it is something a person could wear over her own hand, or a sort of articulated sculpture...

--

D1 LE--Lore... History? No one's tried that one yet, right? VP, unknown TN: 5d10o10k4 35

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 pm 

Upon seeing the object, it seemed to invite more questions than answers which was befitting of an offering left by the Dragon Champion. She had never seen something so ornate in her life although she got the sense all the ornaments were actually there for a purpose than just to look pretty. Jade was highly sacred for a reason. She looked at each other Dragon in consideration before looking to Tsukimi.

"...Well? Is Togashi-san going to put it on?" She said, assuming such object must be like a glove without closer inspection.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pm 

Looking at her gathered peers and superiors, she knew the rest would have it well in hand better than she ever might have managed for sure, "Perhaps he merely wished to bestow you with aid, a hand, in these trying times," she said with no lacking merriment but a hushed tone as to not be taken for serious consideration.

Though, it did provoke the thought.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:25 pm 

"I heard a story about this artifact... I think." Myo-en presses a knuckle to her lips for a moment, still measuring the object with her eyes. Then she lets her hands drop back to her lap and straightens up, rolling her densely patterned shoulders.

"If this is the same Jade Hand... it was a gift from a Fortune, more than forty years ago in the Crab lands." Myo-en's normally intent gaze grows distant as she casts her thoughts back to a campfire at the end of an exhausting day in the Shinomen Mori. "This was when the great southern wall was just being built, and the border provinces were in danger. A Kuni samurai earned it from Osano-wo to aid the fight against the demon army. It really was pure jade, made from the scales of a celestial dragon, and greatly effective against demons and monsters."

Myo-en shifts her weight, refocusing on the women around her. "I'm not sure how this is to be used in the current crisis, though. The returned Emperor may be wicked, but he can't be corrupted in that way... the Emperor's Guard could not have missed that, surely."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 pm 

The item was not something she had seen or heard of before, so she listened to those around her and their words. Mai's pun about lending a hand earned a smile.

"A celestial dragon..." she echoed Myo-en's words. Had her lord gifted her this? "For years I have tried to seek more about the dragons. To understand how we can channel their powers and to come closer to enlightenment through their divinity. I never thought..." Tsukimi was for a moment at a loss for words.

No wonder it seemed like it was made of scales, she mused as she studied the item before her. It had seemed more like a hand, could it possibly be worn as a glove or a gauntlet?

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:10 pm 

Iko slowly reached a hand out, her right hand, and unless stopped would let it hover above the Jade Hand.

She had no sense for the thing, but Motaro always had meaning behind his actions, didn't he? There had to be some significance to it, but it was not her puzzle to decipher. This was another's path.

She looked to Tsukimi and offered her a deep bow as she withdrew her hand. "Whatever you choose to do with this will have my support, Tsukimi-san. I would only suggest that if this is an artifact of a Celestial Dragon, perhaps there may be answers to be found at the Temple of the Seven Dragons."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:32 pm 

Smile gained, confidence emboldened, she'd probably have given a quick non-verbal cheer if that was anywhere near proper, but it wasn't and so she didn't.

"If it isn't too much," she says, joining the front of the room a little more, "might I suggest that even if you do not know what it is meant for, and you do not find it out, that surely it will show itself and it's purpose in time."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:17 pm 

Poemu had been silent as their champion had left, and up until now, had remained silent on the gift. It was not hers, she knew nothing of it, and it was not her place to dictate how Tsukimi would react to it, or use it, if that was the purpose.

Iko and Mai's words finally brought her to speak, and she cleared her throat softly. "Minna-san's, let us for now leave Tsukimi-san to her gift. As has been said, she will discover what it means in time perhaps. I would not try to puzzle it out now, not when we gathered for a different discussion. hai?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:54 pm 

Poemu's were good enough for her, as the mysteries and purpose of the artifact were far beyond her understanding. The Dragon were at least of the same mind when it came to current responsibility, as enigmatic and mysterious as its true destiny might be. "Hai...where were we again?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 pm 

"Well, I don't think we'd actually gotten very far at all into our meeting proper." Iko replied, reaching for a pot and pouring some, now slightly colder than optimal, tea for all the attendees.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:10 pm 

"Ah!" Manami says, not yelling but a touch too loud for the small and crowded room. Her eyes are alight, coming out of deep thought -- and she realizes the conversation has already moved past her.

"Er, I should just... add that I share Togashi-san's recollection that this was crafted by a fortune, Osano-Wo. But it is perhaps important that the hand was not given to the young Kuni until he had resolved to face the evil bearing down on his home even without special aid from the fortune." She pauses. "It is... perhaps... a reflection that we seemed of one mind on the current circumstance, even before Lord Togashi delivered this to us?"

-----
OOC: Sorry for lagging on posting this! I tried to make it fit!

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:24 pm 

"Maybe so..." Myo-en casts Manami a contemplative look.

"But Agasha-sama, Mirumoto-san," she opens a hand toward Poemu and Wasako, "it's not wise to think these are two different discussions. 'Heaven's net is wide, but nothing escapes its mesh.' Surely no one knows that better than Togashi-dono."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:29 pm 

"If it should turn out that Tsukimi-san discovers that her gift is related to the matter at hand, then I will more than gladly take it into account Myo-en-san." Poemu gave a soft sigh, closing her eyes a moment. "I would not, for now however, take time to discover if that is so to the detriment of the discussion on its own... unless someone has something more known to add about it that is."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 pm 

Wasako did think that Myo-en brought up a good point, considering the return of an Emperor and a Jade hands were both peculiar in their own way. Would it be strange to question only why apples bloomed from a pine tree when oranges also appeared? Admittedly, she didn't think that her attendance here was going to involve so much formalities and courtliness.

"...I'm sure this is something that we will have to return to at some point in time. Both topics are hard to put to rest so easily.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm 

"A storm grows closer," she mirrored the words that their lord spoke just previously.

"There is not much more we can do to gain more insight into this gift for now," she said, looking toward Poemu, "but I do not think that we need further justification that this artifact is not connected intimately with our path," she then looked to Myo-en.

"Regardless, I think there is purpose in that it was delivered to Togashi Tsukimi-sama, and if she would ask help of us I believe it is our purpose to help her. However, this gift was bestowed upon her and thus I would think it her destiny to discover it's purpose and connection to the course we must path."

"Thus, unless she wishes of it otherwise, perhaps for now we should turn our attentions, as Agasha Poemu-sama wishes to what else we might do? While those more knowing of such things put their efforts toward knowing."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:34 am 

It was a lot to take in. And if she was honest with her feelings, it was very tempting to claim this Jade Hand for herself... it was part of the heavenly dragons, after all, and she had been following them for so long. It was in her hands, and had Motaro not said that the only fate in the world is the one they make for themselves?

What would Hoshi had done, she wondered silently as the others spoke, and felt certain she knew what his answer would have been.

Hubris... that is very much a sin many have fallen too as well. This returned Emperor included. With a deep breath, Tsukimi slid the lid back on, and reverently placed the box down to her side. "I will seek out the temple tomorrow. It is a place well known to me. Hopefully it will shed some more light on the matter."

"I don't think its appearance here today, along with our lord, was by chance, and I think that our lord acts with a purpose even if it seems hidden to us," she tried to assure the others who might think it all seemed very weird.

"But I must admit this is the first time in a long time I've seen so many Dragon gathered together - which must also be an omen of sorts, perhaps. Perhaps this is the time that we stand with the other clans, rather than apart, like we have so often done in the past?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:10 am 

"It would be hard to ignore all of these events, with a returned Emperor," she nodded at that, it was enough of an unusual situation to warrant the attention of an unusual Clan. "While it still may take much to reach the mountains, I think we are rather close to the occurrence, relatively."

"As for standing with the other Clan, I'm not exactly sure what to make of them, as I'm sure they have very different opinions of the situation too. This is on top of their eccentricities too," she said quizzically in thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:00 am 

"It might be we have no choice but to stand somewhere. There's no stasis to choose if the Emperor is gone... gone like this, at least." Myo-en's brows draw together, and the sleek planes of muscle in her tattooed back shift and tense.

"I cast the coins this morning. Hexagram Eighteen--ku, Repairing Damage. It's an omen of opportunity--restoration. It also calls for careful thought before acting."

Dark eyes survey the other Dragon, especially the courtiers and those who had come from Morikage Toshi.

"I have heard little about the Empress, except that she came from the Lion Clan. What is she like? Will she... what kind of regent will she be?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:24 am 

This was a bit more the sort of talk Poemu was used to, but she had spent just as much time in Miya Land's as Agasha, so she was different from the start. "Ah, well, the Hantai Tokiyo-heika is a bit weak still from the birth of the Imperial heir, but she is a strong woman, and I've no doubt she would raise her son to be a strong, wise, honorable man."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next