It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Lineage [Day 1, LM, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 pm 

Tani approached the shrine of Matsu Hitomi with a calm expression. She had barely changed to a warm kimono and sandals, barely taken care of the necessities surrounding cleaning after travel. And then she was here. The Lion woman sat in front of the shrine, watching it with a neutral expression for several long beats. And then she bowed her head, clasped her hands, and began to pray.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Post subject: Re: Lineage [Day 1, LM, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:25 pm 

Sukekage has been here several times since his arrival - once per day, at least. Before, his visits were simply in remembrance of his loss, but now...now so much more had been taken, and from the Empire as a whole.

Noting the Matsu present, he bows and remains at a respectful distance, seeing to the moment to his own prayers.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm 

Tani's prayers were long and quiet. She seemed to have much to discuss in her quiet contemplations to the Ancestor. But eventually, she brought her gaze up to the statue. She didn't smile, per se. Today was a terrible day to do so. But she seemed a bit more relaxed. At ease.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm 

Ah yes, I recall seeing her among the refugees. I can't imagine...

Sukekage doesn't impose himself or interrupt the silence - he simply remains there, present if needed.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 pm 

Her eyes looked to the Scorpion finally, and she did finally upturn her lips just a hare. It was hard to tell if that smile was serene or dangerous. "Apologies, Bayushi-sama. I hope I am not interrupting your own prayers?" She turned and bowed.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:38 pm 

"No...no, of course not," he says with a bow. "Indeed, I'd hoped I wasn't impeding yours. I am Bayushi Sukekage, a relatively recent arrival sent to help with the...the current situation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:41 pm 

"Matsu Tani, Nikutai of the First Matsu Army, Daughter of the Antecedent Matsu Daimyo," she bowed once more politely. "The current situation is..." she breathed low, "not the best for new introductions. But I am glad to meet one of my clan's honored allies."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 pm 

"No, no, not the best at all," Sukekage agrees, "but an ally is always a welcome sight at the worst times."

He pauses, glancing out at the shrine's surroundings, still covered in snow.

"That, and we're likely stuck in the city together for some time, until the roads are more clear and until a...a response can be arranged and executed. So introductions, especially friendly ones, seem necessary even if not timely."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm 

"Necessary, I would agree with. I take it, then, that you have already been briefed on the current situation?" She seemed a bit more settled, at least. Though ever sighted towards what was important in the moment.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:01 pm 

"My sources have kept me informed," says Sukekage with a nod. "I received a missive detailing the...the situation at Morikage Toshi shortly before you and the others arrived."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:03 pm 

She nodded. "That saves time, at least. It is almost beyond belief. An Honored Ancestor slaying his own kin in cold blood." Another breath, then she shook her head. "The reality is that it did happen. There is no room for doubt in what happens next." Her eyes glanced to Sukekage curiously. She didn't seem to doubt that he would agree, at least.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:08 pm 

The Scorpion nods without hesitation.

"I cannot speak for the clan - I'm only an assistant, after all, and not our lead - but I am certain that we will stand with the Lion in this matter. I, for one, respect our history, but I would not stand by and be consumed by it. Certainly not if it is led by one who so readily commits...commits filicide. I suppose that's the correct term...?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:10 pm 

"I'm not overly concerned with the proper term," she muttered. "He murdered the Emperor. Murder kin, and thinks he can just take the throne for himself. That is not something I've any intent to stand behind."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 pm 

"We are in total agreement, then," says Sukekage, looking relieved.

He pauses slightly, as if considering something before continuing.

"There is much I would ask, as the intelligence I've received is limited, but now certainly is not the time for that. If there is any assistance I can provide, Matsu-san, I gladly offer it. You must be fully rested if we're to face what comes with the spring thaw."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 pm 

"For now, I suspect that taking time to get my bearings is the best thing I can do." She shook her head. "What action to take is, at least, clear. I thank him for dispelling any opportunity for Doubt."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:27 pm 

"Indeed. I'm told servants are rushing to prepare quarters for those taking refuge in the city," says the Scorpion quietly, "so there will soon be a place for you to settle, if there isn't one already. Take the time you need, and do not hesitate to call upon me if the need arises. I...I may not be able to offer much, but I've found that the presence of one willing to listen has a calming effect."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:28 pm 

"A voice to listen to would be helpful," she nodded. "It is good to have staunch allies on our side in these times, Bayushi-san. Thank you."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm 

Sukekage bows again, then steps aside to allow Tani to continue her prayers. Again, he is present if needed, and unimposing if not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:40 pm 

She bowed again as well, then returned to praying to Hitomi. Calmer, at least, if not completely placid yet.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm 

Having preformed all of the ritual ablutions, a simple nun made her way in, giving the samurai ample room and a respectful bow. She approached the shrine, lit incense and withdraw back to offer her prayers.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next