It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:39 am

Post subject: Wash Me Bathe [D11, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:50 pm 

Soaking herself in one of the still open bath houses in the sieged city, Horonigai prepares her body, mind and soul to don the Imperial armor and get ready for potential trouble.

She looks up to the ceiling and misses the open sky they had at Toshi no Omodoiso.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Wash Me Bathe [D11, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:23 pm 

Though she suspected there would be a period of calm as the attacking army laid their plans, Chihaya still tried to stay sharp.

After a morning at the dojo, she headed to the baths.

Once she had finished washing, she wrapped herself in a towel and made her way to the baths to soak away the aches.

After slipping into the water, she saw Horo, and offered a nod and a greeting. "Good morning, Seppun-sama. I'm glad to see you are still in good health."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:57 am 

Horonigai moves her eyes down to catch Chihaya as she greets. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Suzume-san."

She also remembers the scolding, and doesn't even asks to be treated nice. The Seppun moves her eyes to the ceiling again.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:42 am 

Chihaya sighed.

She wished she'd had the chance to catch Horonigai in the moment, to explain her statement more fully.

Instead she'd have to see how the young woman was doing the old, awkward way.

By asking.

"I hope I am not intruding - I am glad to catch you here... I wanted to see how you were doing. I've heard... well... the news, about Seppun Kato-sama. I wasn't sure..."

How do you even ask that? Are you ok with being dumped?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:48 am 

She sighs, looking sideways. "What about Kato-dono?"

After a moment she rubs her temples, trying to reconnect to the peace the bath provided. "You've heard the announcement, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:56 am 

"Hai. I wanted to be sure you were well."

A soft pause. "I know that perhaps in the tension, yesterday, I did not speak with sufficient clarity - I did not disagree with your chastisement of Kodama-san, only encouraged you to accept his supplication, for the sake of the morale of the defenders."

She rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Once I heard the announcement and remembered... I could understand how events might render my words an unfriendly tint, even though one was not intended."

Bowing her head, she said, softly, "For that, I apologize. As a valued friend of the Sparrow, I would not bring you additional burdens in this trying time."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:02 am 

"There was no fault in your words. The monk was clearly overstepping. It was already the second time he... teased... me with such masked offenses."

Horonigai's eyes return to face Chihaya. "Thank you for minding me. I appreciate it. Being friends-," she clears her throat and casts her eyes off shyly to the side, completing, "of the Sparrow."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:43 am 

Chihaya smiled faintly.

"As a sparrow, one hopes you will be a friend of mine as well, -hime."

Resting back against the warm stone, she added, "I have encountered Kodama at court on a few occasions, I believe him earnest in his pursuit of knowledge, if presumptuous. One can only hide behind the tassels of his order but so long - if partaking in a samurai's arena, one takes on the risks which accompany."

With a sigh, Chihaya rubbed the back of her neck, "Enough of that, however... The water is much to fine to spoil with talk of politics. How do you fare, Seppun-hime, in these trying times? We have had many losses... I pray they do not weigh your heart too heavily."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:35 am 

She shrugs and then genuinely smiles to Chihaya again, "As the famous song says, 'no tears left to cry'. There are still a couple of prayers and duties stored to honor. I plan to do them gladly."

The Seppun moves closer to the other woman, and finds a spot to rest her head at the same side of the pool. "What about Suzume-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:06 pm 

A soft sigh.

"I am well enough. I have survived battles so far, and indeed, emerged largely unscathed. I have been uncharacteristically fortunate - I do not know if it will last, but I cannot complain."

Glancing at Horo, she added, "I... am troubled, though I would be hard pressed to pin down why. Perhaps the division among the defenders, or perhaps I merely miss my husband, I cannot say."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 pm 

She purses her lips together hearing Chihaya say she's missing her husband, and replies, "That's cute, Suzume-san. Thinking on your partner and family."

Horonigai looks up again, noticing her glance. "There's much at stake. Contradictory perceptions make many do things they wouldn't do themselves in a normal situation. But these are not normal days, and we cannot be selfish to just follow our own beliefs."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm 

Chihaya flushed a little when Horo called her cute.

Still, the following observation drew a small nod.

"It is true that these are not normal times - yet I believe that we will have to trust to our sense of duty to guide us through - I know what my lord would ask of me, in the matter of which cause to forward. I am honor bound to follow through."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:20 pm 

"Sugoi, ne. We're likeminded." She cheers, with a proposal, "Ja, ne, we should get the other Minor Clans in town to share the same sense of duty."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:28 pm 

"Even if they did, their lords may demand different things from them."

A soft sigh. "I would try to get them to share my opinion, but I am not... authorized to make such negotiations."

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, she added, "I'm a soldier, not a courtier. It is difficult to navigate these realms of unspoken rules."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:13 pm 

"Well, we are on the same boat for a couple of years, now. Aren't we?" She chuckles, reminding Chihaya, "I'm a bushi the same as you. Absolutely sure I am not authorized to negotiate. Now, get the honorable people to understand how duty compels them to do what is necessary, I guess that I can do."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 am 

"Hai, we both must strive."

A soft sigh.

"If only Seppun-sama had dispatched some courtiers to aid us in that task."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:18 am 

"If only..." Horonigai punches the water.

"Troops. Kami damn it!" She mixes up her rage toward him with something useful.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:43 am 

Chihaya nodded.

"Also troops."

Letting out a slow sigh, she added, "But for now, at least, we have some good walls. And a warm bath."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:47 am 

"That's what I'm worried. We had a good bath before, and Jigoku broke loose. Now we are stuck here. Bigger city, more deaths and shitty ba-" She covers her mouth, looking sideways to check if the house retainers would have heard it.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am 

A soft sigh.

"They're quite nice - they're warm, and they don't smell so much."

That was said for the benefit of any staff.

Then glancing at the roof, she added, thoughtfully, "I do miss seeing the stars, however... and, well... it is a siege. One must be thankful for such pleasures while they remain - who knows if we shall remain to enjoy them, march on, or be thrust onto the wheel."

Climbing from the bath, she went toward her cloths, towel wrapped about her.

"Do you care for nigori Sake, Seppun-hime?"