It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:38 am

Post subject: Re: Kitty Comforts [Day 9 LA]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:27 am 

"Well then, perhaps the three of us will fight side-by-side in the coming days," she offered them both a small smile. "I could think of worse people to have by my side."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:28 am 

"If I am blessed to fight by both of your sides, it will be my honor to do so."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 am 

She nodded. "I would be happy to offer the aid of the kami i the opportunity came along in battle. The powers o the water kami can be invaluable in a fight, after all." There was a faint bit of pride there. not much, but it was there. "And the rain seems to have blessed them lately."

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 am 

"I am no priest, but I can feel that some part of the elements are more in balance now than before," she agreed with Mari.

"Let us hope that this blessed rain lasts a bit longer..." though it was fully possible that the Steel Chrysanthemum had his own shugenja, she realised.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:03 am 

"Is the rain helping with spiritual imbalances?" She tilted her head. "Gomen. I do not know much about spiritual matters."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:27 am 

"There has been a horrendous imbalance for some time," she said, shaking her head. The exact time was hard to pin down, because every time a scroll had been opened, it had been terribly disorienting and she knew nothing of the reason. "But ever since I came near, this rain... the kami of water have been at peace. I do not understand the why of it, other than that there is mention of the Dragon of Water's involvement."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:01 am 

From behind the screens just before one entered the baths...

"Eh? What say you? Truly?...Ah, the hamam of Rokugan are different indeed and I do forget these things, my apologies..."

Minutes later, Samara emerged into the bathing area. She greeted those already present with a nod and holding up her open right hand to show she wasn't armed - bowing was still something to get used to.

The ride in had been long and it was now time to relax away the travel fatigue!

Inventory: Clothes, Daisho, Light Armor, Dai-kyu and arrows
Horse: Asoka the Otaku Warhorse (MEGAHORSE)

Rokugani * Mekham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm 

"Mm, the Water Dragon itself is watching over us, or an aspect of it," Tsukimi added in.

And then the great Otaku charge happened, or rather, the arrival of one Otaku. She gave the stranger a curious look, and then dipped her head in greeting. "Long day, sister?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm 

Tani tilted her head towards the voice that came from beyond, especially that word she didn't recognize. She avoided staring at the woman who appeared after, giving a polite nod that allowed the tips of her bangs to touch water.

"Ah, well met, -sama." She spoke as the woman entered the bath. "I am Matsu Tani, and these are Togashi Tsukimi and Maru," she indicated each in turn.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:36 pm 

"Please, come in." Mari's voice took a turn for the cooler when she turned to offer a bow to the Otaku. No mons, but words that she did not recognize, strange mannerisms, all of them put Mari on edge. She knew that Unicorn had been arriving in town, and their mere presence made her nervous. But with her betters present, she could allow them to speak first as she gauged the situation and the person.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 pm 

"Ah, a pleasure and an honor to come to know you all." The Otaku put away her washcloth that she had gotten started, well, washing down with.

"Samara, daughter of Layla of the Otaku." She introduced herself, going for the closest Rokugani approximation once again of how she mentally structured such things in her head. "Thank you all for your welcoming company. These - ah - what is the word...'onsen'? Truly, I say to you, they are quite excellent after a long day's ride."

Indeed, the Unicorn woman spoke the language well enough but her phrasing and structure and accent. It was all just...not native. At all. Archaic at times and foreign in others in usage and word choice.

"Are you honorable women here to take to the defense of this place as well?"

Inventory: Clothes, Daisho, Light Armor, Dai-kyu and arrows
Horse: Asoka the Otaku Warhorse (MEGAHORSE)

Rokugani * Mekham

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 pm 

"We were just speaking about the benefits of a warm bath earlier," she said with a smile, glad that the icebreaker moment was done so easily.

To the question, the Dragon offered a nod. "Yes. I am here to help the people, and the city, against the forces of the Steel Chrysanthemum."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm 

It took Tani a brief second to parse the phrasing and structure. Still, the woman was polite, and it was not worth being rude to her because her phrasing was a bit unusual to Tani. "Well met, Otaku-san. I would agree, after a hard day's march or ride, an Onsen is perfect to allow one to relax."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:59 pm 

Mari, if the others paid attention, looked considerably less comfortable. Her posture was stiffer and she didn't quite meet the Otaku's gaze. Oh, it had definitely been confirmed for her what clan she was, and she was less pleased to see one. Still, she remained polite and nodded.

"Yes, Unicorn-sama. I came to this town seeking employ and will almost certainly be part of the defense of the city," she said, her tone a little more formal, careful. "I am a priestess of earth and water, and so will be lending a hand through healing and protective magics."