It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D7, EA] Free Spirits
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:13 am 

Unfortunately, it wasn't her bottle nor did she plan on continuing with the drinks as she finished her one and only cup. She set the cup aside and bowed politely. "Thank you for the sake."

She likewise sank in the baths. "Of course, Kaiu-san. However, right now. I don't think there could be anything better about a relaxing bath right now. There is certainly a different air when it comes to indoor baths...I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's from all of the steam staying in?

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:25 am 

"Yes, thank you for the sake Isawa-sama." Maiya quickly adds, following Wasako's lead.

The talk of baths was enjoyable. Somehow talking about relaxing baths while taking one just made the whole experience even more soothing for the Kaiu bushi.

"Steam is good. My favourite baths were at an onsen in the mountains. I stopped there as part of a group guarding building supplies from the coast. It was just one night, but very enjoyable. I wish I could remember the name. It had a fantastic view."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:29 am 

"Agreed." Miwako smiled and handed the bottle over to Maiya. "For now, everything we need is right here. Soothing waters, good company and the opportunity to relax."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

Last edited by Isawa Miwako on Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 am 

There was something that Miwako said that perked up her attention and she found herself looking around the baths. Speaking of good company, what happened to Norikami?

Putting that curious thought in her back of her mind, she relaxed once more. "...was the view directed at the mountains or the coast? I have to confess that I've never seen the ocean before. From what Kasaga-san said about it, it's a very lovely view and almost another realm on its own."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:42 am 

Maiya's eyes lit up as she received the bottle with both hands. "Arigato. Isawa-sama is most kind."

Filling her cup she then made sure to top up Miwako's too. She momentarily got up so that the bottle could be conscientiously set down outside the bath. If either were looking they might have noticed a few scars here and there on her back, shoulders and sides. She had none on her front.

Sinking back in the water she lifted her cup with a merry smile. "To opportunities to relax. May our Lords reward us with them more when this is all over. Kampai!"

After having a good helping of sake and making a pleased noise she turns to address Wasako. "The onsen actually faced to the north. Most Crab can't relax well when facing the South. I can't anyway. Unfortunately, the coast was to the South-East. I think. I'd like to go somewhere with a nice view of the coast one day."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:56 am 

"Kampai!" The Phoenix sat back again and sipped from her cup. "I hope you get your view."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 am 

"I hope so too. We need to survive this threat first." She looked to both samurai-ko as she realised they might know something.

"Have you fought the enemy? Is there anything you can tell me about them? Ano, I know this may not be the best time to ask, but they may be at the gates tomorrow. Anything I can learn today may help me and others tomorrow. Sorry to ask such a selfish thing."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:43 am 

"I am a healer." The Isawa shook her head. "I can only tell you that the wounds I've treated were vicious and brutal. There is no mercy in Toshigoku. These spirits have fought continually for countless years and throw themselves into battle with no hesitation."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:47 am 

"Hmm." She considered Miwako's words. Was there any positive? Not really. Perhaps one, but it probably wasn't something she had the wit to exploit. Nonetheless she did speak her mind. "It sounds like they may be quite straightforward in how they attack at least? No great strategy?" They actually sounded like how she might be if multiplied into an army.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:52 am 

Wasako did not partake in sake in the second round of toasts. However, she did present a fist and palm salute to honour the words said in good fortune.

"Hm, you and me both then," she nodded regarding the view of the coast.

On the topic of battle, she shook her head at the question. "Unfortunately, I have yet to see the enemy first hand. I haven't drawn my blade yet for combat but I am ready for when the time comes."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:58 am 

"I did not see the battle at Toshi no Omoidoso." she shook her head. "But, that sounds accurate, from what I heard. The defenders at the gate did mention that the spirit warriors resembled loved ones or associates who had died. But, they said that was unlikely, even impossible."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 am 

Maiya's expression darkened. "Where I'm from if you see a... No, nothing." She shook her head and smiled stiffly. "Sorry, the heat of the bath may be getting to me a bit."

Fanning herself with one hand the Crab bushi stood up and sat down on the rim of the bath. She set Miwako's cup, now half empty, down beside herself. Her nudity being further on display didn't bother her one bit; it was a bath and the others present were both women.

"Mirumoto-sama, perhaps I might see you in the public dojo. There are lots of dummies to practice on. We could spar too. Better to be prepared, desho?"

Lowering her hand onto her lap to show she felt cooler Maiya cleared her throat. "Sorry about before. I feel better now."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:43 pm 

"Oh, of course," she smiled readily at the offer. "I would be glad to have the opportunity. All of the days of travelling and being abroad have really done a number on my routine, more than I'd like to admit. It must be the same for everyone? It's difficult to practice on the road and especially when you're thrown into things that aren't your routine. Back at home, I would be meditating at least twice a day but not so much the case here."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 pm 

"It's a big change alright, hai. I'd be doing drills all day or helping transport supplies. A lot of guard duty too. This is like Tengoku in comparison."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 pm 

"I could only imagine that your traditional duty is very intense," she said, only having a very vague idea of what Duty to the South must be like, especially being on the opposite end of the Empire. "That said, there is plenty of opportunity for guard duty should you actually want to seek it. I know some samurai, especially those with range skills, have been watching the gates."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:30 pm 

"I like to fight my opponents up close." Maiya says simply. Feeling cooler and more refreshed she slips into the bath. It would likely be the final time that afternoon.

"Ja, when would Mirumoto-sama like to practice together?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:47 pm 

"We could consider tomorrow, perhaps? I can't say I have too many appointments lined up." She didn't exactly have anyone to host or any political matters to deal with, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm 

The Dragon's words had her smiling. "Likewise. Okay then. Let's see..." Maiya suggested a few times until the pair settled on a time of day that fit them both.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:59 pm 

"I may have to watch that." Mieako smiled.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 pm 

"Eto, I believe early morning might be best?" she suggested. "It is typically when I should be hitting the dojo, as well as most of the afternoon. It's been a strange several week having to waking up but not needing to visit the dojo. Or in the case, an entirely different dojo."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next