It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D9 - EE] Wolfing Down Dinner (Closed)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:18 am 

She glanced over at her and put her hand behind her sleeve to conceal a little laugh. "I think I like you, Agasha-sama. You're very... earnest," she said. Maybe a little easy to mess with too, but she didn't add that. "I don't dislike the Phoenix at all. Some here are very pleasant. I just know that they ... have their ways and concerns."

At least she didn't dislike them anymore than anyone else behind that practiced smile of hers. She rested her chin on her hand and shrugged. "You're very curious about me, aren't you? Have I piqued your interest somehow? It's unusual for a ronin to catch the eye of a samurai quite so much."

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 am 

Looking down into her cup bashfully, she shook her head a little. "Ano, that is not quite it. I like to get to know others. I believe that is one of the key things one learns in the Miya Herald school, to want to figure out who people are. It's a step toward being able to help them better, and improve their lives."

Poemu glanced over, a slight smirk on her lips. "You're just a bit different in that I have to keep my questions in check... for honor's sake."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:56 am 

You don't want to know who I am, Poemu. You just think you do...

She smiled mildly and waved a hand. "I forgot Miya could be like that. I never dealt with them. When I was young, father would handle any time one came by with an announcement. They never stayed for long, and they rarely visited us. I heard him once say they were very ... warm compared to most samurai." It was a fair way of putting it. "They must be something for everyone. Just as an Ambassador must be so. I will be good and tell you when you've reached a limit, if that is alright. Otherwise I don't mind... I am just unused to it. Most really aren't that curious. They compliment my manners and thank me for healing. Nothing more."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:02 am 

That brought a firm shake of Poemu's head. "I am curious, and will always be curious, but I am also well mannered. I would rather be safe than push until you say so. I am certain that I will still learn more than enough about you, and help you if you ever need it Mari-san."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 am 

"And perhaps I am a little curious of you too, but mother did teach me some manners," she said, winking at her. "Perhaps I will find a way to make your time here interesting and offer a diversion from what surrounds us. That would be nice, I think. You look like you could use diversion now and again."

Everyone here did. They were all stressed as hell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:34 am 

"I can, but that is what this is, hai?" Poemu gave a warm smile again. "There are many that have given me diversion. I just got here after a meeting over some light sake and snacks with Kasuga Seitouma-san for instance, and a walk with Akodo Touki-san before that. I am not short on diversions."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:00 am 

"Is that so?" She smiled as she made a mental note of the other men's attentions. She knew the Kasuga, and she had a few suspicions. He was a very ... straightforward man when he wished his interests known, but he wasn't the sort to try and manipulate it out of someone. She appreciated that forthrightness actually, not that she actually shared it. "Kasuga-sama and I have met a few times. He's an interesting man. I haven't ever had much time with his clan in the past. He's a very sincere soul."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:20 am 

"I believe those were close to the words he used when I mentioned I was seeing you upon departing his company." Poemu smiled wryly. "He is a kind man, if not a tad.." She trailed off, looking for the right word. "...Clumsy?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:23 am 

She smiled to herself, pleased that he thought of her as being sincere. It was a kind of nice to be thought of that way particularly as a ronin. The statement, though, made her raise her eyebrow. "Did he knock the tea over on accident, Agasha-sama? He seemed quite coordinated when I spoke to him."

... oh. Hmmm, maybe... yes, she could see that as clumsy? Time to find out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:28 am 

Poemu shook her head, looking a bit thoughtful. "Nothing so drastic, no. Every time he poured tea, our hands accidentally brushed. He didn't seem to notice, even when I apologized."

A pause, a deeper thoughtful look. "Ano... come to think of it, the same thing happened in the baths when we were talking. Perhaps it is because of all that time on a small boat?"

It couldn't be anything else. He'd have said something otherwise, right?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:47 am 

She blinked. Her head cocked a little and she glanced up at the ceiling while she reached for her tea, taking a nice, long sip. You sweet summer child... Sighing to herself, she decided that maybe now was a very good time to cover for the Kasuga. After all, the Agasha hadn't caught on.

Which meant... blunt measures were best with this woman. Or at least more blunt than that.

"Ah, I've heard Kasuga stand closer to others as a rule. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, Agasha-sama." Oh yes, she was much better at covering for the man than she'd been earlier. "You must understand Kasuga and ronin like me sometimes end up a little packed in, so we get used to not having as much space to, errr, spread our wings?"

( Deceit - 46 )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:52 am 

That sounded strange to Poemu. She'd never heard anything like that before. Still, Mari likely knew best, so she gave a hesitant nod after a moment. "That... is about what I thought it might be. Life on a ship must make for packed conditions. Maybe I will have to breech the subject next we meet, though I feel bad about it."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 am 

"No, no, there should be no need. Life on a boat, life in the barracks, it's always a bit cramped, but it isn't the sort of thing that needs to be addressed. Perhaps give him just a second before you reach for what he offers, and that will make it easier to avoid?" It would also give him a chance to back off, or to be more bold, so she'd let him have the ball. "Nothing to put too much thought into, either way. You're not too bothered by it after all."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 am 

She sort of was, but she wanted to be understanding. "Ano... if you believe that is for the best Mari-san. Still... if it becomes too commonplace, I will try to bring up the subject as delicately as I can. After all, even if there are places such things might occur with more normalcy, having it happen in the street or the bath could cause Kasuga-san undue scandal."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:20 am 

She wanted to laugh. Honestly, she highly doubted the Kasuga was that worried about scandal. His clan were already so reprehensible in the eyes of so many that they could get away with a little crude seduction and nobody would say anything ill about them. There were limits, of course, but it was Poemu who was more at risk. "There are times and places, you say? Such as in private, when nobody is interrupting you, Agasha-sama, and only you can see? I take it that you wouldn't mind such a light brush of the hand if it were not quite so ... public?" She had a teasing tone as she said it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:27 am 

She flushed at that. "E-eto... y-you misunderstand Mari-san. I am not comfortable with the act as is, even if it is a habit of circumstance as you say. It is just that it could come to harm Kasuga-san's reputation in public, where as I can keep the mistake between us if he were to do it outside the eyes of others."

Poemu sighed softly, finger running over the edge of her cup. "It is a bit selfish of me to ask him to change his ways, even if it is for his own sake. I merely don't wish for any trouble."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:40 am 

"Ah, but you're doing it out of concern for his well-being. So that's hardly selfish, Agasha-sama. You're not even that worried about the possible scandal for you. Quite selfless of you," she said with a little nod. "I didn't think you thought so well of him to want to protect his reputation so. My my. Well, he is good at making friends quickly it seems. I guess he has a certain magnetism that way doesn't he?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:32 am 

She was smiling faintly at the comment as she lowered her tea from taking a sip. "Well.. he is kind, yes. I didn't know wanting such a thing for another was that big of a deal though. Don't you believe the best in others too Mari-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:54 am 

"Mmm, it would be nice if I could, Agasha-sama, but I don't think that I live in the world that you do." She didn't say 'I live in the real world and samurai in their gilded palaces don't,' but she certainly was thinking it. "Many souls that I meet, even the ones who look noble on the surface, prove themselves to be less than they claim eventually. I appreciate the honest ones who accept that they are far from the ideal, but most cannot say such a thing."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:05 pm 

"Ano... I can agree that there are many flawed people Mari-san, myself included. There are many things that make us less than noble. On the other hand, I don't believe that makes us any less deserving of the best we can give. Mistrust and doubt in another will only push them deeper into sin, while trust and belief will better both them and myself."

Poemu smiled faintly, almost sadly. "I am certain things are harder for a Ronin than my simple words can say. You see the worst sides of people because they wish to believe the worst of you. I wonder if I could still be so optimistic about others if I had no lord or clan of my own..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next