It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Truths (D9, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 am 

Nagiko wrote:

'' Well i'm not a mainlander nor a great clan samurai, so, we are different from you in that regard.'' She shrugs. '' To most of you, if i must correct myself, since we do have some similarities with our Crab cousins for obvious reasons. I guess it is part of our way of life in a kobune. When you are on the seas i guess there's far less space for emotion containment''

'' Though i guess there are exceptions...'' She pointed with her fan to Degarashi. '' Indeed i found interesting how your art manages to, how to say it, reveal some uncomfortable truths to those that are watching it, neh?''

There was a faint, slightly pained smile beneath the talking straw hat. "Nobody is a stranger to being uncomfortable. Pain, idiocy, death, fear... many things we try to hide, either out of a sense of duty or something more personal, but it is forever there. Speaking them aloud is often painful, but doing so with absurdity, I have found, acknowledges it in a way that often lightens the burden for others, and sometimes for the one who points it out."

He sighed, then shook himself. "I am sorry for that, Nagiko-san. I'm certain you didn't refer to my art wanting a full dissertation on the matter."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:04 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
Akemi went to answer, then paused.

"I...do not know if they need to eat at all. These are divine beings after all. However, you can offer your prayers of thanks at the temples, which they will welcome. I assume there are some here, ne?"

"Both the Crane and Phoenix built shrines in this town. Each has different themes of concern, but the one you want is the Phoenix's Blessing. Prayers to the Water Dragon might be made within I believe." She wasn't a hundred percent sure. There were lots of miniature shrines, but it made sense.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 am 

"Huh, okay, I'm not much for temples normally, but I'll have to give it a try," Baatar replied. "Seems like the least we can do if the Water Dragon is helping us."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:10 am 

"Thank you for the information Mari-san. The Phoenix's blessing it is then. If you want Baatar-san, I can join you in prayers tomorrow morning. We could consider it another lesson" Akemi offered with a smile before looking to the Ronin.

"You would be welcome also Mari-san. Not that I believe you would need any assistance, but I'm sure the Water Dragon would be pleased to see three people from very different walks of life come together to thank them for their blessings upon us in these times."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:17 am 

Spending time in prayer with Unicorn was close to the last thing she wanted to do, but she bowed nevertheless and put on a plastic smile. "I thank you for the thought, -sama. I will be sure to contact you at the ... embassy should I require assistance in this." Yeah. Embassy. they needed to work on that. It was just the dingy, smelly stables, after all.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:21 pm 

As she stepped back out of the path of things, she settled against a wall, listening to the rain, and thinking.

Thinking about duty, about technique, and about the sudden change in the empire.

The rain would wash away chaos, and bring new opportunities.

--------

Meditate: https://orokos.com/roll/801845
then think about katas: https://orokos.com/roll/801846

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:18 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"War is always full of misfortune, but this one is particularly bad for those that have to face ancestors. I can understand why the rumors speak of people hesitating to attack their own kin," he says with a nod. "I am curious if the Unicorn have any ancestors that have returned here as well, or if our distance from the Empire for those centuries will make a difference."

"Yes, that must be quite disconcerting." To know that one's ancestors became whatever these spirits were. She nodded at the question. "Perhaps we will find your answer before of this is done Doji-san."

Togashi Iko wrote:
With the Mogami issue dealt with, Iko let out a small sigh of relief before returning to the pair of Crane.

"Minna-san, I apologize for the interruption, but after Matsu-san's heroics in repelling the attackers at Toshi no Omoidoso, I thought he deserved the opportunity to see another dawn."

She bows low to Tetsuko and Monkhbaatar. "I think Kakita-san did as well. We should all be united in this struggle, not picking fights over petty matters. I just want you to know that if push comes to shove, you can count on this daughter of Ashidaka Yuuto to stand beside you."

She offered the famous duellist a bow in return. "Your compassion speaks volumes Togashi-sama. Perhaps you would care to join us at the Embassy for tea and conversation in the ne t few days?" Assuming the city had not been put to the torch by then.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7