It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:12 am

Post subject: Gift Shrine Gifts [D7, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:34 pm 

Grateful they have arrived, the pious Imperial maiden remains seated in seiza with her her eyes nearly close. Silently, she meditates over everything that has passed, seeking peace under a shrine made to honor it.

Kept warm by a reinforced brown kimono and dark green hamaka, she hears both the sound of the falling rain, and the footsteps at those that eventually pass by.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

Post subject: Re: Gift Shrine Gifts [D7, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:47 am 

The Asako hero-sage had donned more functional clothing with a heavy straw coat to repel the rain and a wide brim hat. He had received the notice and although he was in scheduling hell, he made things work of course but that was all neither here nor there.

He approached the shrine avoiding the deepest pits of muddy water but still he was not going to avoid the worst of it even if he had Doji’s grace. he glanced up at the sky seeing the sinuous form if only briefly and frowned, he was grateful for the dragon, but water was never an element he felt... safe with.

The fire in his soul, burned brightly and the air in his blood simply wanted freedom from the tyranny of the deluge.

Once in proper distance he gave a polite greeting, “Greetings to the honored lady, Seppun Horonigai, honored Miharu. Asako Kashiwagi of the Asako Inquisitors has arrived as requested.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:04 am 

The Seppun opens her eyes. Rises. Bows to the shrine once. Twice. Claps twice. There's a third bow, as her reverence is offered to the Fortune of Redemption.

The girl turns to Kashiwagi with a wide smile, replying back, "Ohayou gozaimasu, Asako Kashiwagi-san of the Asako Inquisitors, Imperial Hero, the Black Phoenix..." Horonigai stops to charmfully fill more air, lost chanting his name, into her lungs. She offers a slow bow, politely reminding him to treat her well regardless of the situation, "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

It doesn't take long, Horonigai looks up while chewing on her lower lip, and then back to him, saying, "Ne. It wasn't a request," Horonigai instinctively curls her left heel outside while talking softly, "It was an invitation. I am grateful you came. Since I, well. I want to apologize for being so 'unfriendly' to you. Lately I've been wondering: how come I didn't freeze during two dreadful marches, long hours in the cold nights of winter?"

She looks down and adjusts a lock of hair that fell off while she offered the bow, saying, "I'm glad you were there."

She can't make her mind out loud.
Forgive me.

--
Awareness/Sincerity VP for Skill +1 raise not to offend: 4d10o10k3-5 15 (17, actually due to Benten - forgot to add)

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:26 am 

Kashiwagi is quiet during the display and then nodded warmly and said, “It was nothing, Seppun-sama, I did what is expected of me and it comes easy when my duty is to aid an old and fast friend. I apologize if I have given you reason to be unfriendly.”

“I know these last few days have not been easy on you in the specific.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:32 am 

She taps her chin with her index before confessing, "You did make me quite frustrated, but by no means those were valid reasons for me to be unfriendly. It was not courteous of me. I see it now."

At his last affirmation she nods, but says nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:33 am 

"What has brought about this change of heart?" he asked with genuine interest.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:47 am 

"Time, I would say. I can't be sure since so many things happened lately that made me rethink and learn. Although, I did receive this beautiful and enigmatic painting of a noble princess. Which I confess it looked an awful lot like me. That puzzled me with a dilemma that now I am in peace with."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:50 am 

"High praise for the artist then, to capture even a fraction of your stunning likeness in portrait is a tall order. Why did the artist's token puzzle you so?" he offered.

"Surely it was given in a spirit of friendship and admiration?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 am 

"Surely. Admiration. Friendship, most probably. Since it was anonymous, I can only assume it was a friend of mine." She looks sideways.

"It puzzled me because I got mixed perceptions. But I understand now. I heard that other portraits of very special maidens have been paint in similar fashion. To be one of these ladies is a great honor."

She shrugs, "Yet, the question is: How to show gratitude to the unknown artist?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:09 am 

"I do not think the artist wishes for anything but your happiness," he responded kindly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:27 am 

"I'm not sure." She replies slyly.

"It wouldn't be right not to return the courtesy, would it, neh?" She asks rhetorically, and goes on, "I have been rehearsing a special dance. Not at the quality of the painting I received, but it has been prepared with all my heart. I would adore to perform it for the unknown artist. Do you think this would do?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:50 am 

"If she had gone to so much trouble to thank the anonymous artist, then yes I think it will do. The artist did not seek recognition or even praise but surely they are pleased to know that it made Seppun-sama happy,” he responded.

“Seppun-sama is correct on another point, to be one of those that the artists chose to paint is an honor, the quantity should not matter as the artist is not seeking accolades only to share their gift with the world and hone their craft and has chosen subjects that move them.”

“At least that is how that is how I see it,” he admitted.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:39 pm 

"That is how I see it now as well. Good that we connect in our minds."

She smiles.

"I believe it would require music. A setting sun, as well. As spring arrives, and the snow melts. The rain has to stop for that to happen, though. What you say. Would you like to help me by playing some music so I can return my appreciation to the unknown artist?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 pm 

"I will do my best, Seppun-sama, in your effort to honor this mystery artist," he replied warmly.

"This hero never backs down from a challenge."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm 

"I'm honored and grateful of your acceptance. Now, we just need to wait for Amaterasu-no-kami's approval."

She looks to the darkened skies and back to Kashiwagi with a wink.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:02 pm 

The Asako hero nodded his approval and then looked to the horizon as if to see Lady Sun herself giving her thumbs up. Of course, that was a silly notion, but he followed her gaze quietly just glad to see her in good spirits.

He thought of his wife and hoped she was seeing a similar sight, though with less danger.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 pm 

/Scene?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:37 pm 

/Scene short and sweet

TN 0 to be Recognized.