It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:44 am

Post subject: Re: Togashi Do What Togashi Do [Day 7, EM]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm 

"I think the though lies in the difference between the intimacy itself," she posits, "in order that I understand which would best represent you I have indeed asked of you questions of a personal nature. In this way, there is an intimacy shared. As well, as you say, any art is in itself an intimate practice of displaying ones efforts, passion, and soul to an audience."

"Yet," she pauses, another breath, "I would not wish it to be thought of as an art that requires familiarity. There are many whom would be easily known as to the art that I would perform and would not require a greater intimacy. May, if this art was of the intimate nature that would naturally and in itself beget familiarity how might I allow myself to perform the work for one individual whom may yet be so many stations above myself?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:44 pm 

“Ah, that makes sense, but perhaps a different point of view could also be taken. When you are creating, your canvas is not higher than you, nor you higher than it. In those moments both are equal, combining and working together to create something greater than either could do by themselves. If a paper does not open itself to allow the ink to settle, the most beautiful calligraphy becomes smeared and sullied. If the calligrapher does not maintain care in how much ink they use, respecting the papers limit, the same. Only when in harmony does the calligraphy stick so that it may then be shown to the world”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:11 pm 

"Yet, as proper a metaphor as that might be Matsu Mogami-sama," she shifts slightly, tapping the end of the needle tool against her cheek once.

"It is not one that is attainable in everyday life. For when the joined parts separate to their respective duties they do not remain as equals of artist and the one whom now carries the art as part of themselves. Having performed the deed would not raise the artist to the courts nor lower the dignitary to the status of a mere traveling artisan. May, so it is, that they would not need consider themselves friends but merely partners for a time until the work is complete."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:43 pm 

“I am not trying to change your stance on the manner, Togashi-San, just philosophical talk now, as I heard that is what this place was made for. I would counter that a work of art, if beautifully done, can absolutely rise its creator to a new station. After all, I imagine one does not become a master of your art and teach others if they havnt completed many stunning works.”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:07 pm 

"Hai," she says, looking to Mogami with a certain uncertainty. "May, it would be so that gaining a mastery of the art would grant one new status. Yet, to say that the singular piece of the art would bring one to equal to another would yet be untrue. May, it would in an indirect sense of the word that the great art may identify them as a master artisan of their trade and thus then be elevated to a greater position. Yet, may that station would not be equal to all who might have received by that measure."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:31 pm 

"Hmm. I could see that. And there is also the fact that just one great piece of art could be an artists only good work, the rest failing to ever live up to the majesty of the first."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:33 pm 

"Hai, in this the two individuals will ever remain separate and there be no need for an equaling of the two, or a need for familiarity," she said, inclining her head in respect toward Mogami.

"May, yet, the practice is far more enjoyable for both if in the work of the art there is a common ground found," she noted with a pleasant finish.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 pm 

"Whatever makes you the most comfortable. I am sure we can find many things to have in common."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:10 am 

"Hai," she says, giving a glance toward the central place of the room. "May I shall return to my work, if you would allow me Matsu Mogami-sama, and then I shall await your call?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:13 am 

"Please, I do not wish to keep you any longer. I will hardly be able to rest tonight thinking about tomorrow!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:11 am 

"Then we shall meet again with just as much enthusiasm tomorrow Matsu Mogami-sama," she said with a pleasant tone and a nod to her.