It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:23 am

Post subject: Re: [D9 LA] The play's the thing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:38 am 

He gently took her hand, holding it a moment, then released her. "I think we can make it work, yes." A polite smile. "I hope that I am able to meet Yasuke-sama's exuberance and match playing across you during the play."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
He gently took her hand, holding it a moment, then released her. "I think we can make it work, yes." A polite smile. "I hope that I am able to meet Yasuke-sama's exuberance and match playing across you during the play."

She was kind of more expecting him to test with the script rather than her hand. Touching in public and whatnot indeed! Still, it wasn't like his hand felt all snake-like or anything of the sort. It'd felt perfectly human, even if a good bit bigger than her own.

"Oh... hai! I will make sure things work for Shosuro-sama's play, don't worry!"

"She took the time to help get this together and entrust us to lift people's spirits, so it's the least we can do in return."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:02 am 

"Indeed. A good play, i find, inspires confidance and raises the spirits of those who view it. It is things that we badly need in these trying times." A faint smile, and he looked over the script again, giving a distracted hum as he seemed to get into it, swaying back and forth a little. "I should see if I can find some armor to look the part...."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:38 am 

"I imagine armor is kind of at a premium with a war going on, essentially. Perhaps... there is a sort of prop armor that would work for the play though."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

Last edited by Yasuki Yukarin on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 am 

"I'd find someone willing to barter in my place with those that control such things, but the only thing I have to trade are some pearls I brought with me from home..." he drew out a pearl that fit in the palm of his hand, wrapping his fingers around it. "Not one of the magical ones like the Jakla liked to keep, but I still find it pretty, and it reminds me of times before the great sleep."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 am 

"Oh; It's like the ones in my necklace. "

She lifted it up, showing it to the Shakanar.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:51 am 

"Very similar, yes. May one ask where your necklace came from?" He sounded honestly curious, looking thoughtful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:24 am 

"The necklace? It was made a little over a hundred years ago by Ra'Shari jeweler for my great-great-grandfather. He'd slain a fire breathing beast the Ra'Shari called a Naar Teban, and these six pearls had been in it's nest. I don't know much about the Ra'Shari or desert monsters myself, but it was passed down along with my great-great-grandfather's sword that he used to kill the beast. I've not done much with the sword, but I always wear his necklace; I feel like it brings me good luck."

She'd intended to look into such things one day, now that she was in the Empire and there were real libraries and such to use. But information on things outside the Empire certainly hadn't been easy to find, from the few places she'd been able to browse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:27 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi narrowed his eyes at Sara.

Fluff Acting: 7d10o10k3 43

Then he jumped up, his voice suddenly deep and bellowing, filling the room. "Ie, you and your foolish propriety will be your downfall! Your bushido will not save you! Stand in the light and die before my foul magics!!!!"

Fluff Sleight of Hand: 5d10o10k3 20
Athletics(Throwing): 6d10ro1o10k3 34

Degarashi flung out an arm, and a rope which was tucked into his sleeve flew out and hit Sara with a dull thump.

Sara was a trained actress with the nerves to stand on the stage, in front of a great many people.

So, thankfully, she did not scream, no matter how much she would have liked to.

She was unnerved. "That...will do Bayushi-san." She observed the rope in front of her feet, as if it were a snake. "Ah, special effects. How quaint." Her voice was still shaking though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:09 pm 

Fluff Etiquette: 6d10o10k3 19

Degarashi did his best to contain his amusement at unsettling the trained actress as he reached down to retrieve his rope. "Just a little improvisation, perhaps Kashiwagi-sama could weigh in on his opinion of the idea." He smiled sweetly. "Seems you were right, though. I do a rather convincing job of playing a craven, desperate, emotionless villain, don't I, Sara-sama?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:33 pm 

Chen nearby also suppressed a chuckle at the display and Sara's barely held back reactions.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:10 am 

He reached out, as if to touch the necklace, but stopped short, frowning a little. "They look like naga pearls...but no naga go to the lands to the west. Terrible curses await those that do. It is said that we made enemies there, and that the curse lingers still.....I would love to look closer at them sometime, if I may."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 am 

"Naga pearls... I know very little about the Naga, and you're the first I've ever seen really. But I suppose I would not mind letting you look it over some time, if you want. Maybe you'd know about it, after all."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:51 am 

"If time allows, I would be honored if you would. It may shed some light on why we do not go to the lands of endless sand. A part of our history...." He frowned again. "So much lost during the long sleep..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 am 

"Your history? Hm... I didn't know there were ever Naga out of the Empire. I've been trying to learn more history lately, so I suppose I'm as interested as you are, even if I'm coming at it from a different perspective."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:09 am 

"Our empire predates the human empire, but a great deal. We have slept for untold years. I am older then every person in this room put together, and we awoke to very, very strange times."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:24 am 

"Ooooooo... Does that mean every Naga is old, or are there young Naga now?" she asked with obvious interest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:05 am 

"There have been a few new ones...but all the adults are from before the great sleep." he spoke softly, looking thoughtful. "Too few new born though, after the great losses we suffered in the war of broken fangs."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 am 

"Weird."

Yukarin frowned, looking down a bit thoughtfully, looking over and noticing the odd scene going on between the Scorpion, though not really reacting to it since she was lost in thought about the situation of Shakanar's people. As it were.