It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Post subject: (D10, EA) Your Finest Smut, Sir
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:38 pm 

While scouts were frantically relaying reports, orders were being issued, warriors were girding their loins...Aya was trying to shop.

"I mean, c'mon, really? Tulips's First Kiss? You think that's racy? It's barely even titallating!" she berated the poor peasant who really just wanted to close for the day.

Theme Song

Post subject: Re: (D10, EA) Your Finest Smut, Sir
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:42 pm 

"You could give it a chance, Yogo-sama. I mean, don't just a pillowbook solely by it's attempt at an eyecatching title, no?"

Yukarin was browsing books of her own in the stand, balanced on her geta as she tried to think of something besides what was going on outside the walls.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:58 am 

Aya rolled her eyes.

"If it's good enough for samurai, Yukarin-san, it's certainly good enough for books. But in this particular case, I know what I'm talking about. she says dismissively.

She flips randomly to halfway through the book.

"He looked deeply into her eyes. Such depths they held. If he could go swimming in them, he would surely drown. Perhaps one day he could bring himself to invite her to tea, but it was simply too daunting, even for a couragous soldier such as himself." she read off.

"Blah blah blah, it's halfway through the book! Did the author intend to release an entire series and conclude the series with a kiss?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:04 am 

"True... I suppose this is all somewhat new to me, comparatively. After all, all the Unicorn had was basically stories told by people. Which weren't a lot of this sort of thing."

She picked up an interesting one.

"What do you think of 'She Brought Me to Enlightenment'? Sounds kind of... more blunt."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"True... I suppose this is all somewhat new to me, comparatively. After all, all the Unicorn had was basically stories told by people. Which weren't a lot of this sort of thing."

She picked up an interesting one.

"What do you think of 'She Brought Me to Enlightenment'? Sounds kind of... more blunt."

Aya tilted her head at that a bit.

"You were born in the Unicorn clan, Yukarin-san?" she asked. She seemed so....normal.

She flips through the offering a bit.

"Hmmm....more clever than racy. The 'She' is very misleading there, and talking about meditation having no climax, no point, no meaning is mildly amusing."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:14 am 

Her nose wrinkles, "...was it written by a Dragon then? Kind of amusing it found its way into this stack of books. Have any recommendations from here then? You said you might have some recommendations in the response you sent to me, and I'll admit it's hard for me to tell just from looking through these things. Maybe a different seller?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:11 am 

Aya tilted her head a bit as the Crab ignored her question.

"Hmmm, Crane author, not uncommon. It's easy to romanticize the exotic." she says put it back in the pile. "I haven't seen anything here worth the effort, perhaps you're right and a different seller would be better."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:16 am 

"At least we're in the right place; I was here yesterday, and I saw at least a few pillow book sellers along the street here."

The Yogo really did seem bored, but Yukarin certainly wasn't; Almost every one of these sounded like something she wanted to read, one day. Preferably tucked into her futon with some sweets.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:39 am 

Aya tilted her head at that.

"Oh, is that so, Yukarain-san?" she asked with a bit of interest. "What sort of pillowbooks interest you?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 am 

"Um, well... a couple different sorts, really. I like the sappy romantic ones well enough, but I prefer the adventure ones; A clever and strong samurai or samurai-ko stands up for truth, justice, and the Rokugani way. And in the process they meet interesting characters, beautiful maidens, and win the hearts of the people."

She blushed slightly, hands behind her back, "That sort of thing isn't too... childish, is it?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:36 am 

Aya smirked a bitl

"I think, Yuka-san." she said, her player tired of typing out the full name. "That you and Tani-san have very similiar tastes in literature."

She started perusing at the next stall, flipping through a couple of books.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:43 am 

Yukarin followed along behind Aya like a puppy, umbrella held carefully above her, "Tani-san? A friend of yours?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:51 am 

Aya nods.

"Have you not met Matsu Tani yet? She's fairly famous." she admits.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:57 am 

"Matsu Tani... I've heard the name before, but she's no one I've ever met myself, no. I'm surprised a Matsu warrior wouldn't like things that are more traditional, that kind of honorable tragedy sort of romance rather than the more heroic and bawdy type tale."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:58 am 

Aya nods.

"That is somewhat true. That's certainly what she's been exposed to. But she is...curious if there's more to life than the story of Akodo and Matsu." she admits.

"Hence the looking for something a bit different."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:04 am 

"Ahhh... I can appreciate that kind of curiosity. I know I went through a phase like that few years... What about you though, Yogo-sama? I know more about what you don't like than what you care for."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:10 am 

"Well the one I finished most recently was 'Korekiyo's Sister's Friends'" she says. "Not much chance of finding that in the lands of the Lion. The Ruby Empire series is pretty good too....but also a bit scandalous for those around these parts."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:15 am 

"Why wouldn't you be able to find it in Lion lands? Surely even scandal and such has fans amongst the Lion. It can't be that bad, can it?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:41 am 

Aya shrugged.

"Scandal is one thing. But they're not happy being cast in villanous roles, nor do they particularly care for works that....shall we say play with established hisotircal figures. The Ikoma may boast a great deal, but their boasts are true..when the tale deviates too far from the truth, that's when they object." she remarks.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:57 am 

"Ooooooooh... yeah, I can see that. I'd heard tales of such fictions about famous people doing naughty things, but I'd assumed they were just rumours."

She lightly twirled her umbrella back and forth, "I suppose I should try to stick to my policy that most rumours contain at least a kernel of truth in them. Some more than others."