It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:20 am

Post subject: D11LM, Catching Up on Writing (Open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm 

Seitouna finds a quiet place, out of the way, after sleeping well and long. After he eats a light breakfast, he settles in with a pot of tea that he lets steep entirely too long, as well as parchment and charcoal, and he begins to write again, doing so in a script that he expects his flighty kinsman can read, but that no others present would be able to.
Quote:
To sum up events from court on [D9], matters that had been divided were even more so. And while there are some who might well benefit from greater uncertainty, I do not think I am such a person. A sea that rages and floods bares things to sunlight that do better in the dark.

After court, I had the pleasure of dining with Agasha Poemu. Friendly as she is--which is good from an Agasha, my mother's kin--she did not seem particularly amenable to overtures of an alliance. Or, rather, she seemed not at all to notice them. I do not know if this is typical among the Agasha or among the Dragon, generally; open and accessible as Mirumoto Wasako was when I spoke with her some days past, she seemed similarly other-than-understanding. Perhaps I do not communicate clearly or well--which is a chilling thought for a writer.

Later on, I conferred with my armorer friend. I do believe his exploits will make good source material for a book, truly; I am thinking that Odayakana-katchuushi will make a good title. It will certainly allow for certain imagery to be brought to bear that differs from my usual work; I am finding as I talk to people here that the nautical lies too far outside the experience of many to work as well as I might hope.

In any event, my friend informed me of the passing of some valiants, including his own brother and Ryuuta-bugyo. I sorrow at their loss, of course; I cannot but grieve with my friend, and Ryuuta-bugyo offered a convenient cover for some of my other efforts.

My friend and I also discussed the recent revelations, that the Lion had found themselves assailed by their ancestors within and without, and that the news from Seppun Kato had begun to tend towards the repudiation of Heavenly order. Division and dissension and discord seem to pervade all dealings, now, and I have to wonder if putting back out to sea might not be the best choice to make. Let this folly play itself out, and return. But that will not solve the problem, I know, not even such small part of it as I have to address, and if I cannot even bestir myself to take care of one thing, then what hope is there that others will work harder to address the greater concerns?

To that end, I discussed with my friend a possible exit. It is of limited use, of course, and likely more so now than when I spoke with him. And he noted his own elevation to a position not unlike the late Ryuuta-bugyo. So that much was to the good.

I had expected to hear from him the next day, but I did not, though I stood ready to aid him. But neither he nor I spoke all we knew, I am certain, and other duties demand attention. Of those who rose to their duties, and who fell to them, enough is being said by others; I was not witness or party to the events, so I will not speak to them at this point. It will suffice to say that a siege set in, despite attempts by those present in Nikesake on [D10] to prevent such a thing. And the mood in the city soured as a result of it.

So I find myself in a besieged place on [D11], certain of a kinsman, appreciative of a friend, and all uncertain what will happen next. But that is not to be wondered at; who of us truly does know what will follow?

Damned lot of editing to do, he thinks as he sips at his cooling, bitter tea. Expansion, too. But this ought to work well enough to start. For now.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

Post subject: Re: D11LM, Catching Up on Writing (Open)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:46 pm 

After a time, the Tortoise makes his /exit from the /scene.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile