It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, Early Evening) - Checking Out the Local Specialties
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:26 am 

"Well... perhaps where you get that perfume. I can't get enough of it..."

This kisses along Mogami's jaw and neck that followed either were either up this statement, or just a response to the kiss.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:38 am 

"You're a hungry one"

Mogami says between breaths, enjoying the sensation greatly.

"I absolutely can. Though if you wear it yourself, it may loose its effect on you...And I'd hate that to happen."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:57 am 

"Mmmm... maybe just for the occasional treat then."

Stopping the kissing, after one last one to Mogami's chin, Yukarin sits up a little, onto one elbow.

"I'd think of something besides the perfume to ask, but between the sake and you against me, my thoughts are a bit jumbled at the moment."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:01 am 

"Well, I will think of something, Yukarin-sensei. And I certainly hope we have many lessons in the future."

Mogami sat up and took a mochi and cup of sake, offering it to Yukarin.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:10 am 

The scent of the sake made a little throb in her head, but she took the mochi and the cup regardless, "Now I just need to come up with new lessons and hope the student isn't more talented than the master."

She smiled mischievously as she bit into the fluffy sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:12 am 

"I doubt you will have any trouble there. You are after all, much more experienced than I."

She takes a mochi and sake for herself.

"Even if I am a quick learner."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:35 am 

"I was more thinking you coming up with things on your own; I noticed you improvising even during the... lessons."

She was sat up fully now to better hold the sake, legs tucked to one side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 am 

"I have read a LOT of books."

She grins cheekily.

"As long as you know where to look, there's quite a few things out there"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:04 am 

"Too true."

Setting the cup down, Yukarin stretched both her arms over her head, "Mmmf... I am going to have a rough morning tomorrow, I can just tell. This sweet sake always goes down easily... You know, probably worth it. I've had worse than hangovers~"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am 

"It's much nicer than the stuff I shared with the Mantis and Kaiu last night. Though, different situations call for different drink. I don't think having a strong and tart sake would have been appropriate for today, where sweet and tender fit perfectly. You have a good taste for it. Is that another thing you have learned since being in Crab lands? I don't imagine the Unicorn had sake?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:17 am 

"The Unicorn had shochu, and kumis. Shochu was popular because it can be made with all sorts of wild ingredients. And kumis... well, that's the infamous fermented sour mare's milk. Never really wanted more than my first taste of THAT, thank you very much."

Yukarin crawled over and slid the sliding door to the outdoor deck open a crack to let fresh air and the smell of rain in.

"But, yes; I did have to learn about different sakes from scratch after we arrived in the Empire here. Fortunately, I already knew the techniques and differences in shochu brewing, so a lot of the terms were familiar."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:34 am 

"I don't think I would enjoy kumis, but Sochu sounds good. "

Mogami takes in a breath of the fresh air.

"I do enjoy the rain. I just wish it came at a better time. It's too cold for it right now. I suppose it is a blessing though, the armies moving through this will certainly be bogged down."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:41 am 

"Are spirit armies bogged down by rain? I guess I wouldn't know, so that could be a plus. Still, I hope it stops soon; Mud to slow down an army is one thing, flooded streets are quite another. And I won't deny it's a bit chilly to stand out in the rain right now, but the mist of it carried on the breeze really is doing wonders for all this sweat."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 am 

"I imagine they would, but right now I don't necessarily want to think on it. I'd rather just enjoy the time we have in this moment. And yes, the cool is nice. It did get rather...hot....in here."

Mogami gives a schoolgirl giggle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:24 am 

Yukarin nodded with a smile to Mogami before turning to the cracked open door. She leaned against the door frame with one arm, silently looking and listening outside. Nominally at the rain, but she couldn't help listening for the distant sound of footsteps too, now.

"...I wonder how Toshi no Omoidoso is faring right now? Is that poor little shrine still standing, and being tended to?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 am 

"I hope. Technically, it is still my duty to be at the city. Shimizu-sama just wanted me to ensure the refugees arrived here safely. I'd like to make it back there. The onsen was so nice, despite the unfortunate smell."

Mogami looks out the window as well.

"Where is your duty now? When this is all over, where will you go back to?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:46 am 

"Yasuki Yashiki, I hope. I have reports to give and scrolls with treaties to drop off. If I don't, there'll be no record of the agreements I made during winter court. Not that I suspect the Crab would truly notice the loss, in the grand scheme of things. But that copper and tin were supposed to be supplies for yari production. And something about a smith under Kaiu Daruman's employ having low supplies for work orders."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:43 pm 

Mogami thinks for a few moments on the statement.

"Do you think if you gained enough materials, your smiths would be amenable to producing extra so that the Lion could in turn gain some extra equipment as well? It could be a good deal, you getting our excess and us getting yours?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:54 pm 

That got a chuckle as Yukarin turned to Mogami, "That was all taken care of, don't worry. I'm not trained with the Ide Traders for nothing; The minerals have more than there share of good going the other way in return, mostly in the form of sake and finished work from Kaiu smiths in the form of some of those yari and arrow heads. Perhaps overly generous in the worth of what's being exchanged even. But it means I have trading contacts, and established connections in secondary networks and shipping."

She slunk over as she said this before sitting on Mogami's lap, "Trust me, beautiful; I am nothing if not thorough."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm 

Mogami strokes Yukarin's side as she sits in her lap.

"What if I wanted to establish something with you? I am in need of a good supplier if I am to keep building and outfitting a Budoka unit to follow me."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next